Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety and university exams  (Read 97 times)

Offline anxiousgrl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety and university exams
« on: April 18, 2014, 10:08:43 AM »
I'm in my fourth year of university and in exam period right now. Now that classes have ended, I spend a lot of time studying on my own, and I have become very anxious, I worry a lot, I'm very irritable, and I have the constant fear that I'm going to go crazy with all of the mental stress caused from exams and too much time spent alone. Is it possible that exams could cause me to lose my mind? I also have a lot of apprehension about graduating and not having a plan for what to do for the rest of my life. All of these feelings are making me feel overwhelmed. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aaron Davis

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety and university exams
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 10:12:55 PM »
Well, I'd like to start by saying...you are not alone in feeling this way. I am currently a student and feel much anxiety (that's what led me here). So, I hope you at least find some comfort in knowing that these feelings (while they are very uncomfortable and debilitating at times) are not abnormal, and you are not alone.
I assure you...you will NOT lose your mind. "Going crazy" is actually a common fear. The truth is...it is impossible to happen. People can have a lot of anxiety...or even mental issues (these are slow-building processes). Anxiety and panic attacks CANNOT make you "go insane."
You can test this...just try to let yourself go insane. Blab nonsense really loud and jump around (in fact, sometimes it's good to let yourself do that). But realize that the fears you have are unmerited.
Talk yourself down. Say "what's the worst that can happen? If I need to, I can always leave and even go find some help if I want. Everything will be...O...K."
And don''t worry about not having things planned out.
It's ok, life doesn't have to be perfect. It just has to be...lived!
One step at a time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousgrl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety and university exams
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 12:18:00 PM »
Thanks for your response! It's nice to know I'm not the only one!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: