Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: People going into DETAIL about their illness!  (Read 177 times)

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
People going into DETAIL about their illness!
« on: April 17, 2014, 05:40:15 PM »
A guy at work was going into DETAIL about a stomach bug he had!   I am a severe emetophobic and this guy just ruined my whole weekend.  I spent the next few hours in a "daze".  How do you TELL someone to PLEASE shut up?  You can't, you politely listen, cringe in the appropriate places and spend the rest of the day freaking out...
No question, just figured I'd share it here as my family doesn't want to hear this "nonsense".
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: People going into DETAIL about their illness!
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 06:02:53 AM »
I am with you on this one. I hate to even know a person is sick. For the same reasons you have. I would lock myself away if anybody in this house had anything. Want zero contact with them. But it can be hard to explain to non family members. As we don't really want them to know we have problems like we do. Could be polite and say you are simply not interested in hearing such stories about a person been sick. It is a hard one to call. As some might ask why. How on earth do we explain emetaphobia to them? Maybe an MP3 player on. So you can't hear them talking. Block it all out.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: