Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I know it's cancer  (Read 313 times)

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I know it's cancer
« on: April 17, 2014, 08:08:56 AM »
Nights sweats over 5 months. Used to be lighter. Used to line up with my cycle somewhat. I would get the night sweats in exactly the last half (2 weeks leading up to period) of my cycle. Then I quit bc, hoping it would help but it didn't. I started sweating more frequently. Now I'm 12 weeks preg (surprise) and I def sweat every night. My clothes are damp and my sheets are usually a bit damp too. Past two weeks I now I have off and on hip pain (dull pain) and when I wake up my right shoulder that I usually sleep on is so sore! Takes the test of the day to feel better, then I start the cycle over the next day. I know with worsening night sweats, this joint pain, and not to mention I've gained no weight in my 12 weeks of pregnancy! I know I have cancer. My doc has run several tests but I went to my chiro the other night and he brought up the possibility of a tumor in my lower spine that's causing my issues!!! I've had a chest X-ray before I was preg jut not a lower one. :/ I've also had a full abdominal ultrasound, pelvic ultrasounds, lymphoma marker blood test, thyroid tests, full blood panel workuos and nothing's showing. I think my doc is looking In the wrong places. :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxietyruinmylife

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bookmark and Share
i'm 24 with mild anxiety

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I know it's cancer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:25:33 AM »
Thanks but it doesn't really. :( considering my night sweats started before I was pregnant.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mvalachovic

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:00:13 AM »
I don't want to give advice on the night sweats since I don't have personal experience with it. However, I do know pregnancy hormones cause stretching of ligaments and joints so the body can make room for the growing baby. That could be the source of your hip pain. I had bad hip pain in pregnancy, especially as the baby grew. But I think just the softening and stretching causes pain. I've known a lot of people who did not gain weight in the first trimester too. Remember the baby is still tiny. Even at 20 weeks they are usually only about a pound. So you shouldn't expect to start packing it on until late second and third trimesters. If you had any morning sickness or food aversions, that will also keep you from gaining. Good luck and call up your ob for reassurance if you need to .
Bookmark and Share

Offline InTheMoment

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 11:50:20 AM »
You've had huge hormonal swings -- BC pills can cause night sweats, and your hormones don't immediately regulate after going off BC (it can take a year!), and then you go pregnant!!  You are likely just really sensitive to hormonal swings and that sensitivity manifests as night sweats. 

IMHO, your chiropractor was VERY irresponsible for suggesting you might have a tumor.  What evidence could he have for that?!?!?  Pregnancy causes hip pain (round ligament), even early on.  Don't give the lack of weight gain a second thought, it's not at all uncommon. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 98
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 01:11:55 PM »
You've had huge hormonal swings -- BC pills can cause night sweats, and your hormones don't immediately regulate after going off BC (it can take a year!), and then you go pregnant!!  You are likely just really sensitive to hormonal swings and that sensitivity manifests as night sweats. 

IMHO, your chiropractor was VERY irresponsible for suggesting you might have a tumor.  What evidence could he have for that?!?!?  Pregnancy causes hip pain (round ligament), even early on.  Don't give the lack of weight gain a second thought, it's not at all uncommon.

I agree with all of this. As someone not pregnant and not on birth control, I get night sweats right before my period as well, every single month and it's ANNOYING. I also tend to become a raving, anxious lunatic in the week before as well, which is fun, fun, fun for everyone.

You need to kick that chiro to the curb. Pain in general is very common. That you're anxious about it could mean that you're more focused on it and hence making it worse. A friend of mine has had SEVERE and CHRONIC leg pain for months now and it's due to herniations in the spine, not tumors. For him to say that is ridiculous.

Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Tags: