Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scare of CBC results today  (Read 733 times)

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scare of CBC results today
« on: April 17, 2014, 07:06:47 AM »
Hello I am a mess today as I will probably found out my cbc results today. I needed to repeat because of low ferritin and need to know if the iron pills are working but what scares me is my white blood count WBC as it went from 6 to 3.22 in one month. That was last month. The minimum should be 3.6. I dm terrified of an autoimmune disease that is killing my counts like lupus. I also worry about RAvi have pains and aches pains in my hands and feet. I am paralyzed with fear. I am waiting for that phone call that will say you need to come in to discuss your results instead of everything is fine. I am home alone today with my two small children and I don't know how I am going to make it thru the day. I think I am going to have a breakdown. Thank God I have some Ativan.
Any words of encouragement are appreciated in this scary day!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scare of CBC results today
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 07:25:20 AM »
I'm waiting on my CEA which is a blood test for tumor markers.  My CT scan and MRI's were both clear but the blood test can predict a cancerous growth 4 - 8 months before it's large enough to be seen on any scans.  I get so sick waiting.  It can take up to 2 weeks for the doctor's office to post the results AND if they were to be high, nothing can be done but wait and retest when I have my scans again in 6 months.  Talk about a stomachache!

Hope your WBC's are back to normal.  Vitamin def's. can cause low iron and low WBC's. Do you not eat a healthy diet? How about taking some generic Centrum vitamins?
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 07:39:43 AM »
I'm waiting on my CEA which is a blood test for tumor markers.  My CT scan and MRI's were both clear but the blood test can predict a cancerous growth 4 - 8 months before it's large enough to be seen on any scans.  I get so sick waiting.  It can take up to 2 weeks for the doctor's office to post the results AND if they were to be high, nothing can be done but wait and retest when I have my scans again in 6 months.  Talk about a stomachache!

Hope your WBC's are back to normal.  Vitamin def's. can cause low iron and low WBC's. Do you not eat a healthy diet? How about taking some generic Centrum vitamins?
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 07:42:05 AM »

I am so sorry a out your long wait. What type of cancer? You had it before? I am sending prayers your way.
I have pains in my chest as I write this... Going to get the Ativan
Try to stay calm too I know how hard it is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 08:00:27 AM »
I have had to wait for test results in the past and it is no fun.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 08:02:12 AM »
Just wanted to send great luck your way and let you now I'm also in breakdown mode waiting on my blood work results. It was just a yearly physical and complete blood work up but I'm absolutely terrified. What's worse is i have a flex sigmoidoscopy scheduled for Monday morning because of periodic blood on my stool and I'm seriously a wreck and I'm talking a COMPLETE mess. I can hardly function on anything. I have been bawling. I hav 4 children ages 7, 5, 4, and 2 and im 26 years old (27 next momth) Many people an sdoctirs have told me its most likely my hemorrhoids from pregnancy but I'm a wreck. I am a stay at home mom and haven't been able to even do house chores. I have suffered from severe HA and the "c" word phobia since childhood which makes this all worse.
I'm hoping to have my CBC results today. I'm obsessively checking my online portal to see if they were posted. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 08:08:13 AM »
Just wanted to send great luck your way and let you now I'm also in breakdown mode waiting on my blood work results. It was just a yearly physical and complete blood work up but I'm absolutely terrified. What's worse is u have a flex sigmoidoscopy scheduled for Monday morning because of periodic blood on my stool and I'm seriously a wreck and I'm talking a COMPLETE mess. I can hardly function on anything. I have been bawling. I hav 4 children ages 7, 5, 4, and 2. Many people an sdoctirs have told me its most likely my hemorrhoids from pregnancy but I'm a wreck. I am a stay at home mom and haven't been able to even do house chores. I have suffered from severe HA and the "c" word phobia since childhood which makes this all worse.
I'm hoping to have my CBC results today. I'm obsessively checking my online portal to see if they were posted.

OMG sweetie I feel the same way you do. I understand you 100%. Lets give each other support today. Like you I have scheduled a colonoscopy for next week because of my low iron and IBS pains. They want to rule out bleeding inside.... I have 2 small children 4 years old and 19 months and I know today I will be horrible. I have no motivation to do any house chores either.... and I am stock at home all day and my husband doesn't come back until 10 pm.
I am checking the portal too, since 6 am. This is totally OCD. I even email already the lady that emailed me my blood results 2 months ago and told her to please email me  the results asap.

I am a wreck too.....

For you though, my husband was having so rectal bleeding and was send for a sigmoid and it was all hemorrhoids. They are totally benign!!
Good luck and lets' keep each other posted....
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 11:52:26 AM »
No results yet   :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 12:11:45 PM »
I shared with you before that I just went thru this in the beginning of April. I'm not going to lie, when I saw the Dr's office # show up on caller ID I was shaking. Thankfully it was all good news (mostly anyway) - I'm hoping the same for you! Update us.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 01:27:18 PM »
I just called the docs office and they have the results but the doctor didn't review them yet ggrrrr this is killing me. I called the lab and said they can't email me the results and they will be available tomorrow. They did this for me last time gggrrrr. This is the worst wait :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 01:27:41 PM »
Thanks for the support. Hoping you get your results soon. I'm still a mess. I'm shaking and feeling panic every second of the day. It's torturous
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 02:09:20 PM »
Thanks for the support. Hoping you get your results soon. I'm still a mess. I'm shaking and feeling panic every second of the day. It's torturous

did you call the office? that's what I did...

They must think I am a sicko.... they told me I need to come in tomorrow to discus the results... I was in tears. I explained to the lady that I have bad HA and panic attacks, that if she could tell me what my WBC count was she said 3.3 a bit low, it should be 3.4. The WBC was 3.2 last month so almost the same. I don't get it, what's causing that???
I asked about the ferritin she said 5 and it was 3.... so it's increasing slowly.....
she wouldn't tell me anything else and LabCorp won't email me the results, they said they will be available on line tomorrow GGRRRR...

I am about to have a panic attack.... I have some serious issues. I am so afraid to have lupus :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 02:32:32 PM »
One point low doesn't sound bad at all. My grandmother has lupus a d has had it fr 30 years. It isn't all that fun but it isn't terminal. I think I would take lupus over my CC fear right now. Good luck and hope you get answers soon. What made you start having these tests done? Symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 06:15:34 PM »
Hi everyone. Boy I can relate. I had a lot of blood work done today because of a prickling sensation I get on my legs. I also had 3hours of testing at a big hospital in Toronto. Get a load of this, I don't go back to see the neurologist until June 9 to get my results because some of them take a long time to analyze. I really don 't think I can take it. My life has been reduced to very little right now. I just try to get through each day. What a way to live.

Best of luck to all of you. Sending you hugs.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 08:43:45 PM »
One point low doesn't sound bad at all. My grandmother has lupus a d has had it fr 30 years. It isn't all that fun but it isn't terminal. I think I would take lupus over my CC fear right now. Good luck and hope you get answers soon. What made you start having these tests done? Symptoms?

Nope I just went for a physical because I was afraid of having lupus because my friend has it.... I hope my fears don't come to be reality. I think I am going to make an appointment with a rheumatologist
Bookmark and Share

Tags: