Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Colon/rectal fear-helpppppppp  (Read 229 times)

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Colon/rectal fear-helpppppppp
« on: April 16, 2014, 09:23:20 PM »
I'm panicking over rectal bleeding-had it about a year.  Docs dont really have an answer.  Had a colonspy 2 years ago-2 pllyps removed-had a sig 1 year ago and 1 polyp removed.  Could i still have colon cancer?( im 65 years old)  The bAnyone with similar experiences?leeding is almost every day-have a dr appt colon/rectal doc later in the week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Colon/rectal fear-helpppppppp
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:26:20 AM »
First of all let me say that this does NOT sound like cancer at all...it sounds like hemmeroids.  Those suckers can bleed but pose no threat beyond inconvenience.

What I say next may scare you but keep reading and I will talk you down from the edge.

My father in law (age 70) has colon cancer.  He never had any bleeding , but he did have bouts of both severe diahrea and severe constipation.  He is now in chemo and doing very well.

At your age (and I mean that clinically) hemmeroids are common.  I would ask your GI doc about this and chances are all you will need is some preparation H and you will be fine.  In addition adding more fiber to your diet or usind a fiber supplement like metamucil may help.  Note:  increased fiber can cause thin stools or mild diarrhea so don't freak out if this happens.

If all your tests came back negative then you are fine.  You just need to start believing it even if that is easier said than done.  Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:54:11 AM »
It is likely that you have another polyp. Considering you had a colonoscopy and a year later and another polyp removed this sounds likely. I would not be worried about cancer but i would at least ask for another sigmodoscopy at the least.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 10:17:31 AM »
I have been compely obsessed and consumed by CC fears for 15 months now. Seriously it's controlling my life. I am 26 years old. I noticed bright red streaks of blood on my stool 15 months ago. It's periodic and painless (for the most part) I have had some burning with a few episodes. Mine is very very minor pleats on the surface of stool and most of the tine as to be seen with a flash light. I obsessively check my stool with a flash light. I had bleeding 2 nights ago. Of course I had a hard wide stool that was very lumpy. All looked normal until I got my light out. I noticed a small tiny amount on the sufferace towards the end if the stool. Panic set in. That was the first time I has seen if in a while but that was also my first hard lumpy stool in a while. I have a flex sig Monday ad I'm a wreck. I don't know if I can do it or not. My GP told me Tuesday anal bleeds are very common among women especially who have had children ( I have had 4) I also have BAD vericise veins in my left leg an also vaginal vericose veins from pregnancies.
I think after 2 clean colonoscopies and a flex sig you are great. Did they say you have hemorrhoids? Also did they say the polyps was the bleeding cause? I'm a mental mess over my test Monday. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:47:16 AM »
Ashley-keep your appt -dont cancel-you'll have an answer soon.  Yes i've had hemmi removed about 3 years ago.  I guess they can grow back..I'm going to doc todayand see what he says.  Its funny i don't trust docs much considering my daughter is one.  I always think cc is whats going to do me in.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 11:17:39 AM »
May I ask what your hemmy bleeding was like? Where they internal or external? It both?
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 04:28:22 PM »
They were internal-so i really couldnt feel them.  If i oppoed more than once a day-they would start bleeding and hurt.  They just banded them off no problem.  Your sig will be lookind for hemmis-so please keep the appt.Ive had a sig and it takes about 5 minutes.You'll do fine.and have a answer,
.Try not to worry about it-you'll have plenty of time to worry later in life(like 50 or 60)At that age you're open game for the bad stuff.Most every one has hemmies but not everyone is bothered by them.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 05:00:22 PM »
I sent you a pm
Bookmark and Share

Tags: