Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Waking up from the nightmare I've faced the last week  (Read 122 times)

Offline WaterBottleDogFish

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Waking up from the nightmare I've faced the last week
« on: April 16, 2014, 05:02:27 PM »
My anxiety was always there, creeping behind me...I had a fear of the dark I wasn't able to get rid of until I was 20....I'm 22 now. Fear of monsters under the bed and fear of getting sick and dying. Recently I had a giant fear of rabies because I work with dogs even though I knew I didn't have them. I went to the doctors who told me most certainly I did not have rabies, it was just my anxiety. Nurses, therapists, my parents..everyone was there to reassure me I was fine. But my anxiety had its hold and for the last week I havent slept or eaten. FINALLY I decided to stop taking my anti depressants and its been two nights and I actually slept till 4 in the morning! Thats the longest I've slept since my panic attacks. I'm doing better...I try to eat little things like jello and cheese sticks but when I eat anything like chicken or any meat my stomach can't deal with it and I go to the bathroom moments later. Im light headed and tired...my dizzines is simply because of the lack of sleep right?? I don't want to start worrying again, Ive been doing so good the last two days I don't want to go back to the sleepless nights of breathing in to a bag and having my parents hold me until I stop crying. I want to tell myself the dizziness is from the lack of eating, the lack of sleep and just my body exhausted from all the worrying.
Bookmark and Share

Offline butterfly77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Waking up from the nightmare I've faced the last week
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 01:30:36 AM »
Sounds like you have had the week like I did. I hit rock bottom.  Not eating and not sleeping. Your dizziness will be from lack of sleep and food. I was dizzy so I've been making sure to eat protein when I do eat. Like a piece of cheese or an egg. I've lost 5kg in just under a week so no wonder I was dizzy. Hang in there you'll be ok :-)
Bookmark and Share

Offline ARose318

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 06:56:07 AM »
How long have you been on your anti-depressant?

I would not recommend stopping it. I would recommend talking to your Dr. and making a switch if the original med wasn't working, it sounds like your panic/anxiety are severe enough to need a daily med.

The dizziness could be from stopping the med abruptly
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 07:27:58 PM »
I was on them for only over a week because I started having panic attacks. At first they helped calm me down and I felt a little better but the more I took them the more scared I became because I felt like they'd make me worse for some reason. Ive been off them three days now and I'm doing better. I can sleep till 4-5 in the morning now, I'm eating again and im seeing a therapist. I went to three different doctors who have cleared me as very healthy I just need to lose weight but I am not sick. I don't want to take meds, I don't want to! I know I can do this without meds I know I can! Every day is a win because it means im still here and healthy. I want to do this without meds I want to fight this and I will. Its scary but I dont need to tell you guys that, you know how fear likes to swallow us whole when it comes to this stuff. But I'll win. I know I will.
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 07:30:20 PM »
Sounds like you have had the week like I did. I hit rock bottom.  Not eating and not sleeping. Your dizziness will be from lack of sleep and food. I was dizzy so I've been making sure to eat protein when I do eat. Like a piece of cheese or an egg. I've lost 5kg in just under a week so no wonder I was dizzy. Hang in there you'll be ok :-)

Thank you. I lost 7 pounds in a week!! I was only able to drink water it was all I could stomach but im doing better now. :) I know I can beat this!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: