Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need help from OCD sufferers.  (Read 690 times)

Offline andrea34

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need help from OCD sufferers.
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2014, 09:55:55 PM »
Thank you, Walnut. You have been so informative and understanding. It means so much. Thank you for encouraging me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline andrea34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2014, 10:09:34 PM »
I'm also so sorry about your year and all the things you're going thru. I hope things get better for you. It's amazing how thoughts alone can cause physical symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 10:10:22 PM »
your welcome. not a problem at all.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline Walnut

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 10:12:21 PM »
thanks. i guess when we get older we have to start dealing with certain things we took for granted. im 33 now and at this point in our lives our grandparents are usually gone or out parents are getting older, we have children of our own and start overthinking things because we have so much on our plate.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline andrea34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2014, 10:23:42 PM »
Yeah...I agree. I'm 34 & I have a 13yr old daughter who I hope and pray doesn't inherit this. I got it from my father. He had panic attacks. He died unexpectedly when I was fourteen and bcc that was really traumatic.
Bookmark and Share

Offline healyshouse

• Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • you cant control the future so dont try
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 12:11:04 PM »
this was me i was scared i would hurt some one felt like it wasnít my own thoughts scared i was losing it.. guess what i didnít lose but anxiety has lost with me.

to put it simply i simply stopped paying the thoughts and feelings attention.. this in no way stopped them coming in fact it was worse than ever as i stopping reassuring myself and stopped the online searching.. GOOGLE is not a DR or psychologist take what you read with a grain of salt.

i read a book called at last a life, this was not written by some dr or psychologist it was written by a guy called Paul David who over came anxiety and now lives a happy free life and all he does is explain how to go about it. he didnít use any pills or anything other than the knowledge that he learned about anxiety.

i to am now free of it by this i mean i still get thoughts and feelings now and again but it doesnít bother me in the slightest as i know what it is and why..

anxiety is bad habits formed over time that just has to be un done,

if you would like to know more about his book or web site google Paul David at last a life or anxiety no more.. please note this is not a cure in any way the book and website explains how to be able to live a normal life with anxiery beside you

best of luck

Bookmark and Share
" you will never get better until you stop trying to get better" By Paul David author of " at last a life"

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 01:58:38 PM »
I read "At last a life" as well. It really helped me too! It was very repetitive but I think that's part of the technique to really get through to you. Definitely suggest it!
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything