Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 76 times)

Offline uk_guy2013

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi all
« on: April 16, 2014, 07:44:05 AM »
Hi everybody,

I'm in my middle twenties and have suffered from anxiety, panic attacks and social anxiety for more years than I can remember. Having trouble talking about it openly, and being one to bottle things up, I thought it might help to talk to, hopefully, like minded people here.

Recently I have attempted to 'keep a lid on things' and have managed to do so relatively well. I've started a new job (I'm a trainee solicitor) and, although it throws up hundreds of things to set the anxiety off each day, the pace of it has focused my mind and, when I finally get home, I'm generally so knackered that I almost pass straight out!

However, over the past weekend my anxiety (which has in the past made me do stupid things out of fear) has blown up again and I'm a bit of a wreck. We live in a little rural village in a 'gated community' style block of residental apartments. Well, on Saturday night someone broke into my partner's car (parked securely off street) and attempted to hotwire it. Being unable to do so they went through her non valuable things left in the car, nicked a few bits and then vindictively did enough damage to the wiring so that the car had to be written off. They nicked all the car's paperwork and some of her clothes, plus CDs.

Since then my anxiety, as I'm sure some of you might understand from similar situations, has gone off the scale. I have been terrified that it was targetted, that it might happen again, that they might return, all sorts of things. The vicious circle of prophesying worries spirrals out of control. It's been so bad that I've taken days off work this past week (pretending to be ill with a bug) as I can't concentrate at work and I can't sleep.

I appreciate that this is a forum and not therapy! I just wanted to lay out the sort of problem that afflicts me as I'm sure it does plenty of other people on this site. I hope that, from talking and listening to other people on here, I might find some way to getting even a bit of peace from all this fear and maybe be able to help other people, even if it is just by knowing other people are in the same boat!

Thank you for reading, I look forward to contributing.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 01:00:05 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags:

anything