Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Zoloft increase  (Read 224 times)

Offline ARose318

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Zoloft increase
« on: April 16, 2014, 07:08:17 AM »
On day 5 of increasing from 50mgs to 75mgs.

Been on 50 mgs for just about 2 years. Have had some break through anxiety attacks occur the past few months so my Dr suggested increasing. So far, so good. I'm also taking a 1/2 klonopin in the morning until I can get through this "attack" (mine usually last a week or so) ... and I am already feeling better.

I don't want to go any higher than 75mgs. I have a 1 year old and I was only the 50mgs of Zoloft while pregnant and thankfully she is perfectly healthy - but I would like to have another baby and stay at the same dosage if need be.
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Zoloft increase
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 02:38:55 PM »
Hi Rose...

It's so nice that you are on Zoloft (sertraline), as this selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) is considered to be a very safe anti-depressant during pregnancy.

I hope that the 75 mg does the trick for you, but it is my understanding that many individuals require 100-150 mg to obtain good results.

If you decide to become pregnant again, take into account your own mental well being, and the effect that will play on the role of your developing infant.  Women that suffer depressive/anxiety disorders that are not being treated during pregnancy, can harm their baby both during its development and in the long term too.  Infants born to anxious/depressed mothers have a higher incidence of low birth weights, being born prematurely, and having impaired neurological development.  Later effects include asthma, dyslexia and learning difficulties. They are also much more likely to develop anxiety/depressive disorders later in life.

The very best to you, Rose!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: