Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: So IBS is worse than my anxietys:(  (Read 223 times)

Offline MR PA

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
So IBS is worse than my anxietys:(
« on: April 15, 2014, 10:20:36 PM »
im 36 ys old male and had bad anxiety from the age of 17.I had really good years and bad year where i couldnt go to work,but for the last 44 days now i have what Doc keep saying is IBS.

I have pretty bad adominal pain all day ranges from 2-10 scale all day mostly around a 7.The worst pain is i feel like throwing up all day and sometimes i do.I think about 30 of the 44 days i have thrown up.

Why is it worse than my anxiety stuff,with my anxiety i could lay around and no face the world and keep my problems at bay,NOT IBS its with me no matter what i do,i cant even get rice cakes with out feeling sick.

Ive had many test and hospital visit,and will see a GI again to have even more test but like 10 different docs say IBS.

I know people with IBS but the say they never throw up or have nonstop pain.Life is very unfair to me.i never been to religious but im starting to disbelieve
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: So IBS is worse than my anxietys:(
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 04:20:01 AM »
I have had IBS forever and ever since a really bad gastritis attack at age 9 I have always felt at least a little bit nauseated.  I feel sick after every meal, etc.  Though there were periods where it went away, it always came back, and it's been back for years and getting worse as I get older.  My doctors also say IBS.  You're not the only one.  Unfortunately I have yet to find a good way to deal with it. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:09:16 AM »
I agree with Mollyfin's assessment.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline MR PA

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 09:39:50 PM »
I have had IBS forever and ever since a really bad gastritis attack at age 9 I have always felt at least a little bit nauseated.  I feel sick after every meal, etc.  Though there were periods where it went away, it always came back, and it's been back for years and getting worse as I get older.  My doctors also say IBS.  You're not the only one.  Unfortunately I have yet to find a good way to deal with it.

thanks for the reply,it sucks we kinda have the same thing going on but always nice to know you not alone.ty
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jameswastaken

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 10:53:24 PM »
Doctors love to throw out IBS a lot of time, unfortunately. IBS is usually accompanied by a rather consistent amount of diarrhea, abdominal pain, and mucus in the stool. You could have something like gastritis (which causes pain, and vomiting), or it could even be something diet related. Have you tried to cut out some things to check?

Don't fret my man, I know how scary abdominal problems can be (I've been fighting them for over 4 months straight now), but there will be a silver lined cloud somewhere down the line.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: