Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lymphoma? Please answer im so afraid!  (Read 227 times)

Offline Mrsbailey813

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lymphoma? Please answer im so afraid!
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:55:16 PM »
I've had a hard swollen lymph node on the left lower side if my neck for about 5 months, went to get it checked out and the dr said it was fine and to come back in a month if it hadn't went down...well two months later and it's still there so I went to get it checked again since it's hard and feels immovable and again she said it was fine and that she could move it (I can't though) and not to come back unless it got bigger. I'm so confused since I googled it said a hard lymph node almost always is lymphoma but she didn't seem concerned? Should I get a second opinion? I have no other symptoms other than the node and I am 21...

I just don't believe her! I feel like she isn't taking me seriously because I'm such a hypochondriac but I e read so many lymphoma horror stories about people being told nothing's wrong then when they finally get diagnosed it's too late :( I'm so scared
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymphoma? Please answer im so afraid!
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 10:53:16 PM »
Actually many lymphoma nodes are rubbery...not like a pebble hard.  They are generally over 2 cm.  Just because you can feel a node doesn't mean it's abnormal.  Just because it's enlarged, doesn't mean it's lymphoma.  Nodes often flare up, then some never fully go back down as they set up some scar tissue.  The VAST majority of these nodes that are biopsied do not show lymphoma.  With that said, yes I would get a second opinion as it's my belief any node larger than 2 cm that hasn't gone down should be evaluated.  The encouraging thing here is you are only complaining of one node, no systemic symptoms, and you are not complaining of the node growing.  My guess?  You probably had a little virus a bit back...noticed a lymph node then started playing with it.  HA'rs love to play with lymph nodes and this keeps them chronically inflamed then they scar down. 
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymphoma? Please answer im so afraid!
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:11:50 AM »
Welcome to anxietyzone. It is difficult, and I have the same problems myself, with accepting a diagnosis.
You could go to an ENT physician, as the head and neck are there forte.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: