Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help me not Google  (Read 127 times)

Offline Mvalachovic

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help me not Google
« on: April 15, 2014, 01:26:06 PM »
I have been under so much stress lately worrying about abdominal pain I've had for 8 weeks. I've had muscle twitching for a year. Saw neurologist who did EMG, EEG and typical neuro exams. Found a pinched nerve in my left hip but other than that benign process. I was kind of getting past that since it's been a year and not gotten worse. Here is what bothered me-I was fine until last night I felt like the left side of my mouth and lips were numb like when you get novacaine. Woke up this morning still there. I'm panicking thinking it is relating to my previous fears. I'm trying to tell myself it's allergies or nerves. But it has me in a panic. Thoughts? Advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help me not Google
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 01:32:03 PM »
I have been under so much stress lately worrying about abdominal pain I've had for 8 weeks. I've had muscle twitching for a year. Saw neurologist who did EMG, EEG and typical neuro exams. Found a pinched nerve in my left hip but other than that benign process. I was kind of getting past that since it's been a year and not gotten worse. Here is what bothered me-I was fine until last night I felt like the left side of my mouth and lips were numb like when you get novacaine. Woke up this morning still there. I'm panicking thinking it is relating to my previous fears. I'm trying to tell myself it's allergies or nerves. But it has me in a panic. Thoughts? Advice?

One significant cause of mouth numbness or tingling is respiratory alkalosis...in other words you are hyperventilating blowing off too much CO2.  Try slowing down your breathing for awhile...breath into a paper bag for a minute or so and see if that improves the symptoms.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline Pingman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 01:40:12 PM »

My first really big anxiety cause was abdominal pain which google had me think was colon cancer. Turned out to be just sore ligaments running from my groin to my hip from working out. I finally figured that out after the colonoscopy and things had calmed down..started working out again.

Worst thing you can do is google. My Dr. has me one a 1 week rule. If any new pain pops up and doesnt go away after a week I got to see him. I suggest just relaxing and if you don't feel better within a week go see your GP. Do not good or you will make yourself worry for no reason.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sparx

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 01:47:58 PM »
Right.  Google doesn't help.  I was just reading a post from the top of this home page -- it's one of the saved posts, and the title starts with 'A retired neurologist....'  In the post, the dr is responding to someone with fears about MS.  But, he comments on the dangers of searching the internet.  We tend to forget how much training drs have to go through, in order to be able to treat patients.   Hang in there and don't google.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mvalachovic

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 01:55:20 PM »
Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify- I have seen my ob/gyn for the pain because there is a small cyst and she sent me for an upper abdominal ultrasound because the location and intensity of the pain doesn't relate to a small cyst. I have a follow up ultrasound tomorrow and then an appointment with a GI next week. So I'm anxious about the cause of the pain, but I'm trying not to google about my mouth numbness. Fearing things like the "A" word after having twitches for a year. Hoping its just anxiety or allergies .
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 22
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 05:51:56 PM »
That shouldn't even be on your radar.  Numbness has nothing to do with ***.  Second, bulbar symptoms wouldn't come a year after body twitches...doesn't work like that.  So, take that completely off your to worry about list.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Tags: