Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: pain in between shoulder blades...cancer?  (Read 257 times)

Offline hoov22

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
pain in between shoulder blades...cancer?
« on: April 15, 2014, 07:31:29 AM »
I have had neck problems for about 6 weeks - of course thinking the headaches from this were a brain tumour! I have finally been able to get on top of this (only in the past few days due to a magnificent myopathy massage person I found), so am feeling less anxious about this. Throughout the 6 weeks I have had this on and off pain in my back, right in the middle of my shoulder blades on the spine. For the past week the pain has been more frequent. It feels like an ice-cream headache in my back and does radiate at times up through my neck and into my head. It actually seems to be brought on by eating cold things like yoghurt or ice-cream but once it is there it never goes until the morning(even if I have a warm drink). I usually wake up without it. It is now almost constantly there from waking. At times I feel its muscular or disc related but the intensity increase with certain foods has me stumped. I have in the past had acid reflux but usually it's burning in my chest, feeling of food stuck in throat... not my back and this pain doesn't seem to accompany any acid pains. I of course am now worried about stomach cancer, pancreatic cancer etc... I had an endoscopy 1 year ago and was found to have helicobacter pylori which I treated (presumably successfully). If there was anything nasty, would they not have seen something then or could something have formed in the past year??? I'm starting to get pretty worried and the pain is constant and difficult and it doesn't seem to respond to pain meds...anyone ever have anything similar?? I have some nexium for reflux...should I try it?? Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: pain in between shoulder blades...cancer?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 08:11:42 AM »
I would follow up with your physician and be very specific about your symptoms and concerns.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 10:57:06 AM »
Im going through this now. Feel discomfort on the left shoulder blade slightly under. Sometimes happens after I eat or when Im typing so Im not sure if it's mechanical. However I do feel relief after foam rolling and the pain isnt bad like it was 7months ago.

Im angry the docs didnt just do scans given my symptoms. Now at this point Im too scared to ecen get the scan. This is the exact reason I dont like docs to begin with. Half of them read symptoms off of wikipedia as id I didnt go there first. Idk op
Bookmark and Share

Offline Melissa100

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 11:31:35 AM »
I had h pylori last year as well. I was treated with triple therapy and still did not feel any better. There is forum called after the eradication if you google h pylori topix it will pop out. There so many people who are still suffering with wired symptoms after the treatment for many years. I still have the pain between my shoulder blades but I figured its the food. I gave up the entire dairy products and I feel better, not 100% but better. Hope this helps. H pylori is a bad bug and takes a while to heal. I don't think its cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: