Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Question about ocd  (Read 209 times)

Offline bbwire

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Question about ocd
« on: April 14, 2014, 08:58:39 PM »
Alright so I've been dealing with extreme ocd and the fear of having schizophernia, one of my fears is like having delusions so it's like my imagination comes up with all these random delusions and it scares me so much so to make sure I don't believe this crap I test myself to see if I actually believe it, so for example I'll get the thought "What if everyone is out to get me?" So Ill test myself to see if I think this because I'm so scared and I'll ask myself "Do you actually think everyone out to get you?" And whenever I do that it's like I can't answer, this is my main problem it's like my brain freezes and the thought becomes abstract and I'm so scared if I believe it! I've read so much stuff on this and I know people with real delusion don't even know it and they never question their beliefs they fully believe them, but it doesn't help. So my questions are is this just ocd like is this just extreme doubt and uncertainty? How come I can't answer it? Any advice would really help
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question about ocd
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 05:40:04 AM »
Maybe it is a simple as you can't answer it because it is not true. If it were true and people were out to get you then maybe your brain would react in a different way. But your brain / mind knows you are making this up. So it has no answers for you. It is aware you are only trying to trick it. I would just get on with my day and accept the brain won't be giving you any answers. Most people would be happy with that.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline bluecanary

• ...in the outlet by the light switch
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 07:37:49 PM »
I know exactly how you feel, bbwire. My anxiety/OCD does this to me a lot. I'm constantly testing myself to see whether I'm under any delusions that I've heard of people having - "Do I think everyone is out to get me?" "Do I think everyone in my life has been replaced by aliens?" "Do I think I'm hallucinating every conversation I have?" I always have a hard time answering these questions. The rational part of my brain says no, absolutely not, but when my anxiety takes over, I have a hard time listening to that part. I tend to think it's just part of the OCD.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bbwire

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 02:15:52 PM »
So you understand exactly what I mean bluecanary? Like Ill have one of those thoughts and be scared so ill test myself "do I actually think that?" But the main problem is when I do that it's like my brain freezes and I can't answer and the fear of me actually thinking that is there. Is this just my ocd and self doubting? I hate this so much please any advice would be great I just don't know how to get over this
Bookmark and Share

Offline nathanjh

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 05:54:43 PM »
Just ignore it go about your day and you will realize nothing is wrong and your brain will lose the power to control you
Bookmark and Share

Tags: