Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried my son has autism....  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Hypowoman90

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried my son has autism....
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2014, 03:52:36 PM »
I have read this topic from time to time as it's gotten longer and I just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.  I'll use my niece as an example - she's 8 years old.  In terms of listening, she almost NEVER listens...which can get on our nerves quite a bit.  I agree with Brick on this one too, kids sometimes just don't listen, my niece being a perfect example.  She doesn't have autism, or any other mental disability, she just doesn't listen and she knows it irks us to no end.

Also, as someone here has mentioned, mental abnormalities can be picked up in the womb before the baby is born - was that mentioned at all when you were pregnant?  I honestly think your son is just a normal child growing up.  Maybe he just needs a little more time to develop that's all.  I'm sure he will be just fine, just keep us posted about how he's doing.   :happy0151:

No. They never mentioned anything like that when I was pregnant. Everything besides his speech developed normally, although he was a little late to point, he points now. Everything else is normal besides his language although I have seen a great improvement in his receptive (understanding what people say ) in this week alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypowoman90

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2014, 03:04:46 PM »
Ok, I am starting to wonder again if he has some type of undetected hearing loss.
He is sick today. I am having to talk very loudly to him for him to listen and scream to get him to come from another room. I am wondering if he is getting fluid trapped in his ears.

It is making me think of something that happened last june. He had been sick but after the cold started clearing up I noticed he was unusually clumsy. Tripping, falling over. It went away.  I know fluid trapped in ears can cause balancing problems....

He also sleeps with a bottle ( which I know is bad ). I heard that can cause glue ear as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypowoman90

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2014, 02:09:17 PM »
This thread is a little mind easing for me. My son will be 3 in June and doesn't talk. He has said Mom and Dad but not all that often. If I call his name I would say 97% of the time he at least looks to see if he is interested in why I'm calling him.
He plays well with his sister who DOES NOT know what quite is. She'll be 5.
He puts those wooden puzzles together quickly and loves playing his sisters Nabi.
My fears were very much like yours. I'm making him an appointment to review te situation. He has been covering his ears so I am wondering if there is an issue there that is causing the delay.

Has your son started talking yet?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: