Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Been Here Before…  (Read 147 times)

Offline Butterflies121314

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Been Here Before…
« on: April 14, 2014, 05:49:40 PM »
Hi Everyone,

This is my 2nd time around on this board. I had a nervous breakdown in 2011 after a series of unfortunate events (brothers death, loss of employment, cheating mate, and general life stressors). I was able to come out of it okay using acupuncture, juicing, and just taking care of myself. This time around my story is a bit different. Life was good for me last year began dating the love of my life, moved to another state, and started chasing my dreams of modeling. Things were looking great in my life. In October 2013 my aunt who raised me was diagnosed with incurable cancer. I came back home to take care of her and thats when it all began. I became her caregiver and advocate so that meant days some times weeks on the cancer floor. I started having insomnia, the insomnia turned into panic, and anxiety. I was handling it all pretty well so I thought until I became fearful that I would get cancer. I stopped eating, sleep most of my days away, and am constantly obsessed with reasearching cancer. My new cancer fear is lung cancer after finding out the rate of non smokers with lung cancer is on the rise. I ended up in the ER freaked out because of this. They ran tests and gave me a chest xray and gave me the all clear but  can't getit ut of my head. I'm only 29 and am not ready to die. My bf took me to crisis the other day and they wouldn't admit me. They gave me Celexa and Valium. Now I'm lethargic and just sleep. I'm losing hope that my life will get any better. I just want my energy back, I want to be the social butterfly that I once was, I want to laugh and not be consumed by my thoughts. Is there any hope? Can anyone offer pointers?
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: Been Here Before…
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 10:51:52 PM »
There is hope. I've been to that point before, and I've come back from it and continued working toward my dreams and enjoying life again.

My advice is to seek consistent professional treatment (not crisis care). See your GP or a psychiatrist as soon as you can, and they will surely set you in the correct direction for treatment. Good luck!  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 11:12:35 PM »
There is absolutely hope.

It's normal to feel lethargic when first starting an SSRI.  It's resetting your brain chemistry.

I take Celexa and that combined with CBT and I can actually enjoy life again.  Hang in there.  What you seek is just on the other side.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Butterflies121314

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 05:26:33 PM »
Thank you both for responding. I am going to see a psychiatrist. I see a lot of people on here talking about CBT. What is that? Would you go to a regular psychiatrist for this or would you see a psychologist for this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 05:43:48 PM »
CBT = Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.  I see a psychologist but both can do it.  The difference is that a psychologist cannot prescribe medication.  Mine works in conjunction with my primary care Dr. 

That is the key to my recovery.
Bookmark and Share

anything