Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: petechiae  (Read 245 times)

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
petechiae
« on: April 14, 2014, 12:33:49 PM »
I had about 20 red pin prick dots on my right leg and from Googling years ago the first thing I thought of was some kind of blood disease or something horrible.   I already had an appointment with my GP today for my regular BP check up and I was debating whether or not to say anything about the red spots (I was so nervous it would be something bad)  He merely looked at them and said, "That's nothing at all"  I said, "I was looking online and coming up with luekemia, and all other kinds of horrible diseases"  He just laughed and said, "Don't look things up online!"   At the end he once again said, "And those spots are nothing!"  (He had an intern in there following him on his office rounds and I looked at her and said, "And this is something else you will have to deal with, hypochondriacs!"  They both got a good laugh  :laugh3:
No question, thought I'd share... (maybe someone ELSE gets these pin point red dots)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lam123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: petechiae
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 01:18:46 PM »
That's hilarious. I have this exact same issue. I am going to the dr tomorrow. It started as tiny brown pin sized dots near my ankle. I have been worried sick about this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 02:35:30 PM »
I have has those too. I would get them in the bend of my arm after carrying my bbaies carseats there.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 02:40:24 PM »
Yeah I've had them on my legs since I was a child but now I've noticed they're all over my arms now. Probably nothing to worry about since a lot of people have it!!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 10:55:14 AM »
Hi,

I have these aswell. My dr is sending me to a dermotologist. I have them on the front of my leg and some near my ankle. I am scared, but your story helps me. It's exactly how you describe them, small tiny pin pricks.

Ugh! Did your dr say what the cause of petechiae was?
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 11:04:20 AM »
Hi,

I have these aswell. My dr is sending me to a dermotologist. I have them on the front of my leg and some near my ankle. I am scared, but your story helps me. It's exactly how you describe them, small tiny pin pricks.

Ugh! Did your dr say what the cause of petechiae was?

No, he just said it was nothing (maybe it wasn't even petechiae, but that's what I had thought it was by how it looked)  He just said it was nothing, and repeated it again at the end of the visit.
Bookmark and Share

Offline InTheMoment

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 11:43:56 AM »
I get petechiae as well.  I freaked out years ago, because I'd get them all the time -- all the doctors said they were nothing because all my bloodwork was normal.  I eventually figured out that it was the strong water pressure  during really hot showers!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lam123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 01:45:52 PM »
I'm so nervous it's cancer. I ha a cold last week and my lymph nodes were swollen, my throat is still sore. So this also with petachiae rash, I'm so scared
Bookmark and Share

Tags: