Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I think I'm canceling my flex sigmidoscope!  (Read 1000 times)

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 38
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I think I'm canceling my flex sigmidoscope!
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2014, 05:02:09 PM »
I think the OP has said she was diagnosed with hemorrhoids prior, which would explain the blood.

Absolutely.  I believe that's all this is...especially in her age group.  She has many things in her favor.  I never want to make someone anxious.  I know how powerful and miserable that is...and I know that if something has taken over your life for a year it won't go away until it's checked out.  There are many things on this site you know based on age group and symptomatology are merely anxiety.  And I know everyone, or most people here just want to read...hey you are ok...don't worry about it...don't get it worked up.  In this case, for a variety of reasons it's my opinion that she needs to bite the bullet and get it done.  Therapy won't stick unless she knows that she has been cleared.  Can you imagine the relief that will come with a negative colonoscopy?  That's when a therapist has something tangible to work with.  That's when a therapist is going to ask her about all the time and peace her disease of HA has robbed her of...and from there you get better.  No good therapist would tell her to blow this off.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline snowberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2014, 05:02:23 PM »
Many people have had blood in their stools at one point or another. It's usually either hems or passing a hard stool or straining too hard.

Therapy is an excellent idea but first, get that test done and then you'll know, and then you'll be in a calmer state of mind to tackle the real problem.

And OP, please, for the love of all that is holy, do not project this HA on to your children. I'm sure your baby is fine. The likelihood of a child that young having CC is probably less than winning the lottery.

Edit:
Quote from: ShawnW
Therapy won't stick unless she knows that she has been cleared

This.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2014, 05:06:34 PM »
Many people have had blood in their stools at one point or another. It's usually either hems or passing a hard stool or straining too hard.

Therapy is an excellent idea but first, get that test done and then you'll know, and then you'll be in a calmer state of mind to tackle the real problem.

And OP, please, for the love of all that is holy, do not project this HA on to your children. I'm sure your baby is fine. The likelihood of a child that young having CC is probably less than winning the lottery.

I'm voting this for post of the year.  I have watched my eldest daughter start picking up my health worry garbage.  That just eats me up.  I try so hard to hide it.  It's just one more reason we need to get healthier.  And I agree, blood in the stool is a very common complaint.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2014, 06:19:16 PM »
Regardless of hemorrhoids, blood in stool should ALWAYS be evaluated by a colonoscopy, regardless of age! It is very common for children to have blood from fissures. My own child does and I do have colon problems, ut I am not worried about him having CC.  Children's stool is very commonly large.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 06:31:45 PM »
Well I will be keeping my appointment. I broke down to my husband about what I have been hiding and suffering from for over a year now. He said we are absolutely going because he wants his wife back. He wants me o face my fears and get this over with. I am getting this over with for my husband and children! This is re hardest thing I have ever done. The rest of my week is going to be a complete wreck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 06:45:37 PM »
Well I will be keeping my appointment. I broke down to my husband about what I have been hiding and suffering from for over a year now. He said we are absolutely going because he wants his wife back. He wants me o face my fears and get this over with. I am getting this over with for my husband and children! This is re hardest thing I have ever done. The rest of my week is going to be a complete wreck.

This is really good news.  Sounds like you have a gem of a husband.  He is right, you need to face them no matter how hard it is.  I remember how tough going to my neurology appointment.  But, after he told me I just needed to settle down, I was ok it was like the weight of the world lifted off my chest.  I fully suspect you will be cleared of anything ominous...and the relief you will feel, you won't be able to put into words.  And from there, therapy will have a strong chance of being effective.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 06:50:32 PM »
Glad you're going-you and your family deserve to be happy and enjoy life-please post and let us know how it goes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 08:06:35 PM »

Please, please also keep the appointment with the GP.  Above all, you need to treat your anxiety so this doesn't continue.  Getting help is so hard but once you do, you'll never regret it. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »
I wish you all the best in the world.  :happy0151: Please, please keep us updated - and good for you for talking to your husband.  :yes: I'm glad he's being so supportive, and I'm glad you're going to get your tests. I have no reason to doubt you will get the all clear, so please, instead of thinking about possible bad news, look forward to the good news instead!

If you need moral support in the days leading up to the test, this forum is always here. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything