Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Afraid of autoimmune diseases I am so scared  (Read 231 times)

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Afraid of autoimmune diseases I am so scared
« on: April 14, 2014, 08:19:08 AM »
Hi my anxiety is thru the roof. I am so scared of lupus i cant shake this feeling
The last few days my hands are aching. I am not sure if its because I am sleeping tense or because I have an autoimmune disease. I have IC which is a bladder condition  I am afraid of having some other chtonic issues
I have body aches for years shoulder pain hip flexor etc. my mom has fibromyalgia and I don't want to end up like her although I'll take the fibro over lupus
I don't know what to do guys this year it's been hell moving from one disease to the next. I am in a doctors office almost every week for different issues.
I am in tears I need to take care of 2 small children and. I am afraid of dying prematurely. Also my mom is dying of pancreatic cancer and its so sad. My friend who nannies my kids has lupus and that's what triggered this new HA attack. I Am just miserable right now :(
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline hypotypo

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Afraid of autoimmune diseases I am so scared
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 08:42:38 AM »
ok...first of all...breathe.....you have a lot of stuff going on right now and it's normal to stress.  In fact if you weren't stressing, that would be reason for concern ...haha....  Let me say first that I am sorry about your mom.  Pancreatic cancer is not a pretty thing.  My grandfather passed away from that at 94 years of age and it wasn't pleasant.  My sister-in-law was diagnosed with lupus about 15 years ago and she has no symptoms whatsoever right now.  She has been in remission for as long as I can remember.  Most times I totally forget that she even has it.  I know one of the signature effects of lupus is a butterfly rash across your nose.  Now, with that being said...don't go and check your face in the mirror...the weather is changing and you could just as easily have some sun on your face...so don't self test. 

Something that I always do is this...I stress about something...I hear somebody has an illness...and miracously I have the same symptoms.  For example...my dad was in the hospital around Christmas time...that's a stressor...Christmas is a stressor...His admitting diagnosis was that of pulmonary embolus (blood clots in the lung).  Not a good thing to have.  So of course, I started stressing about having a clotting disorder myself.  Our minds just focus too much on the negatives in our life.  We need to try and look at the positives more.

I get your fears...believe me...I have my own of some rare neurological disease.  But I get up everyday and I choose to make a list of my positives.  No lie here...I started a list at the beginning of the year and write at least one positive thing that happened...I love going back and reading it and seeing all the wonderful things that happen on a daily basis and I can't remember one negative thing that happened. 

Basically, what I am saying is that even if we have something wrong, which we don't, wouldn't you rather focus on the positives in your life?  Even if you have lupus, which I am sure you don't, you can still live a long and happy life.  Heck, my sister-in-law just had another baby!  I mean, she isn't letting it get her down. 

When she was diagnosed she couldn't hardly get out of bed from being in so much pain.  She has been running 5k and taking care of a baby!  Don't let life get you down!  Just keep swimming and stay positive!
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 08:51:10 AM »
I couldn't say it any better than hypotypo. Great advice.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sparx

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 10:08:31 AM »
First of all, I'm sending you warm hugs and all the peaceful feelings I can!  I am sorry to hear about your mom.

I can absolutely attest to the fact that when you are under stress from something, your HA can flare up.  Mine absolutely does!!!!  You sure have a lot on your plate right now.  The mind can really trick you.  However, remember:  even when bad things happen to those we love, it doesn't mean that something bad is happening to us.  It just means that the stress we feel is presenting itself that way -- some people isolate, some people bite their fingernails, and some of us think that we too are getting sick.  It's stress, not a real illness.  My husband sometimes kids me and says it's like I have sympathy pains for those around me. 

Be kind to yourself. You are shouldering a large burden right now, and I hope you can relax and turn off the HA. 

Peace,
Sparx

Bookmark and Share

Tags: