Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: These 4 Things Happen Right Before a Heart Attack  (Read 232 times)

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
These 4 Things Happen Right Before a Heart Attack
« on: April 13, 2014, 10:02:36 AM »
So I've seen several links around the internet for a video called "These 4 Things Happen Right Before a Heart Attack" by a cardiologist named Dr. Chauncey Crandall.  I've avoided it for a while because I didn't want to set off my anxiety but I finally watched it this morning and can tell you not to waste your time.

There is little to no information given - its nothing but a long video you can't pause, rewind or fast forward and overall just an add for some book and newsletter subscription he is selling.  Despite constantly and repeatedly saying "Soon I will tell you the 4 things that happen right before a heart attack but firstů.." he only ever says (1) chest pain and (2) nausea/sweating then he says "The other two are contained in my book"

The only items he passed along which may be useful was to ask your doctor to do blood work to see if your LDL cholesterol is "Pattern A" or "Pattern B" - Pattern A cholesterol is larger and less prone to cause problems while Pattern B is smaller and the type which causes clots.  The other test which seems to make sense is a PLAC test which shows the existing build up of plaque in your body now.  I will ask my doctor about these tests but won't be surprised if he says that they're not really necessary for various reasons - because if they were necessary why wouldn't he already be doing them?

Anyway, save your time - you'll learn nothing and be subjected to a never ending advertisement for his book/subscription under the guise of passing along vital medical information any second now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
Re: These 4 Things Happen Right Before a Heart Attack
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 03:01:15 PM »
A client of mine who is a Nephrologist and a Cardiologist told me one day that their are 2
keys to longevity; heredity and more so luck. My doctor told me that in 50% of people, the
first sign of heart disease is you keel over. Not very pleasant to think about.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: