Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Pill camera comming soon  (Read 74 times)

Offline rileybug

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pill camera comming soon
« on: April 13, 2014, 12:57:03 AM »
has anyone had a pill capsule test done?  What was it like and what did it show? Was it helpful or just add to the HA?  aNY INFO WILL BE APPRECIATED.

Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pill camera comming soon
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 09:23:15 AM »
I had the camera pill done about 18 months ago.  It was no big deal and nothing to worry about.

There is a small area that can't be reached using colonoscopies and upper endoscopies so you swallow this pill with a camera inside of it and you wear a pack on your belt and the camera takes pictures every X seconds and transmits them to the pack on your belt.  After 24 hours you return the belt to the doctor and they look at the pictures to see what, if anything, is going on.   The pill gets pooped out in the natural course of things.

They made somewhat of a big deal about swallowing the pill and letting you know you could choke but when they finally showed me the pill it wasn't big at all and I asked the doc why the big deal about telling everyone about the choking potential and he said "lawyers" - you'll be able to swallow it with NO problem and you do it with the doc there so trust me don't worry about that.

The technology is cool and it works - they didn't find anything with me and at some point I pooped out the pill.  All in all it was no big deal in anyway shape or form.

Good luck!

Bookmark and Share

Tags: