Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Constant shaking and restlessness  (Read 271 times)

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Constant shaking and restlessness
« on: April 12, 2014, 07:38:11 PM »
All my symptoms are driving me truly nuts here. I can't stop shaking, there's this constant shaking in mostly hands but even feets are affected. I don't know what to do.

From time to time it seems to be worse in my left side, and more iften than not I experience this internal tremor that makes my whole body (and mind) become restless like as if there was no tomorrow. Can anxiety, and all my other psychological disorders realy cause all of this?

How do I stop it then?

I've tried Lyrica in doses up to a gram (900mg), but that didn't help at all. GAD sure can mess up the body completely, but can it really persist even when I slightly overdose on a drug that supposedly shall be a godsend when it comes to GAD?
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant shaking and restlessness
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 05:59:30 AM »
If it was me I would jump onto you tube. Look up certain relaxation and breathing videos. Nothing saying they will work straight away. You might even find one for the shakes. The mind alone can stop this. Just as the mind can bring it on. It will take a bit of practice. Like you talking to your body telling it to stop shaking. That you are now in full control. Even hold your hand out and just will it to stop shaking. I know I make it sound so easy. It is anything but easy. May take a month or so if you are willing to try this daily. Yes, you will have a few failures. Expect that. But also have a word with your doctor. The medication is not working. Simple as that. He may put you on something new. Just try those exercises watching videos on you tube. Those with a bit of medication might do the trick for you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant shaking and restlessness
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 09:35:09 AM »
If it was me I would jump onto you tube. Look up certain relaxation and breathing videos. Nothing saying they will work straight away. You might even find one for the shakes. The mind alone can stop this. Just as the mind can bring it on. It will take a bit of practice. Like you talking to your body telling it to stop shaking. That you are now in full control. Even hold your hand out and just will it to stop shaking. I know I make it sound so easy. It is anything but easy. May take a month or so if you are willing to try this daily. Yes, you will have a few failures. Expect that. But also have a word with your doctor. The medication is not working. Simple as that. He may put you on something new. Just try those exercises watching videos on you tube. Those with a bit of medication might do the trick for you.

I´ve actually tried a couple of breathing techiques, although I´ve never actually given them enough time to have a fair chance of working. The reason is that they seem to initially worsen my symptoms, much like actual physical training does, and I then tend to freak out and think that I´ve worsened the problems. Will definitely talk to my Dr though, since my symptoms seems to worsen each day=/
Bookmark and Share
“There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.”

- Dante Alighieri

Tags: