As the weeks go by, this is has been weighing more and more on me. It's hard for me to enjoy my pregnancy because of my fear of breast cancer.
When I got my baseline mammogram 1 year ago, they found some "probably benign" calcifications and cysts. They said my breasts were extremely dense. They suggested I follow up in 6 months, which I did (last Sept.) and although there were a few additional cysts, the calcifications remained stable and probably benign. I was supposed to follow up last month in March but I am 3 months pregnant, so my OB/GYN said no mammogram but to have an ultrasound done on the left breast.
I am so terrified to have this done, yet terrified of waiting. What if they diagnose me with BC while I am pregnant?? What if they find something I have to have biopsied and even if it turns out to be nothing, the amount of stress I will face will be extreme and not good for me or the baby (I obviously can't take any Xanax now). However, If there IS something to be found, I know it's better to catch it early rather than later in October when the baby is born. I had a breast exam by a nurse practitioner 2 weeks ago and she didn't say she felt anything strange but I wonder how dependable those exams really are.
I guess I am just looking for some advice on what you would do if you were in my position. Just thinking about going in for that ultrasound makes me want to throw up and the stress is going to be unbelievable.