Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What are you afraid of?  (Read 398 times)

Offline uno76

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: What are you afraid of?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 10:42:02 PM »
Lily,you nailed all of my fears. I fear the exact same things! I fear working out so much. I am getting worse with even walking too fast fearing I'll over work my heart. It's so sad. I also fear never recovering from this anxiety and depression. When I deal with it I always fear that I won't recover but I always have. Great post! I don't feel so alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 11:12:12 PM »
i think my biggest fear when it comes to health-related things is dying of something very sudden that wouldn't leave me any time to get help. even worse if it happens in public (probably the reason why my symptoms are ten times worse when i'm in public). on the flipside, i have a massive fear of being diagnosed with something terminal and being told i only have x amount of time to live. i can't think of anything worse than that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 11:15:27 PM »
I am still wide awake so I'll give this a shot, in hopes it might help me relax and sleep. 

I've had right-sided numbness for a week now, arm, leg and trunk.  My doctor did not brush me off as I expected and ordered several blood tests (8 vials of blood!) and a CT scan of the brain.  I'm waiting to hear about the blood tests and still need to schedule the CT.  I'm agoraphobic and really, really, really don't want to undergo a CT.  I'm hoping my problem is just a simple dietary deficiency like B12, so I'm actually scared that my blood tests will be normal.  :laugh3:

I'm picturing lying on the scanner table and the technicians rushing in and saying, "We have to run another scan with contrast because we see something! (insert dramatic music)" or "You have to have an immdiate MRI because we see something! (more dramatic music)" or "The neurosurgeon is on his way to see you! (etc.)"

I'm afraid I have a brain tumor and will suffer horribly and then die prematurely and my wonderful son, who is 12 and homeschooled, will have to go back to school.  I'm afraid I've had a stroke and the numbness and tingling is permanent and I will have lots more strokes and be disabled and a burden to my husband and son.  I'm afraid I have progressive MS and will be disabled and a burden to my husband and son.  I'm afraid they will never find out what is wrong and I will be twitchy and nervous about my health for the rest of my life.

Believe it or not, this was surprisingly helpful.  Seeing it all in black and white makes it a little more manageable somehow.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy55

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 11:36:40 PM »
Pain and suffering, as I saw that in my parents.
Being non functional and knowing I can't enjoy life around me.
Bookmark and Share
You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.  
John 8:32

Offline PainIsAnIllusion

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2014, 02:26:57 AM »
I'm fearful of dying of ALS and wasting away and leaving my sweet 7 year old baby boy behind growing up without his daddy.

I hate anxiety and I hate fears and health issues.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: