Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: cancer  (Read 175 times)

Offline math989

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
cancer
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:03:27 AM »
Hello Everyone,
Im kind of freaking out right now because I have found a black irregular shaped mark on my chest and now I'm thinking its melanoma. The problem is that I am going to the doctors next week so i m concerned if it will spread to my heart or reach a more advanced stage. This has also made me more aware of the marks on my body and its making me think that it has already spread.its pretty light and not as dark as the skin cancer pictures that I see on the internet. I'm just afriad that if I have this then I will reach an advanced stage or something within a week. I also have a slightly enlarged lymph node in my head but that's probably due to acne. Finally I am 16 years old if that has to do with anything.
If you guys could provide me some support, it would be greatly appreciated
Bookmark and Share

Offline MrMoleHill

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • I look, therefore I find.
    • Poke This Member
Re: cancer
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 01:12:15 AM »
Nothing like that is going to happen in a week.  Just see a dermatologist, not a regular family physician.  A dermatologist will be able to help you best.  First you said it's black, then you said it's pretty light.  Not sure what that means, but chances are you'll probably be fine, especially at 16.  I've had a dark, irregular shaped mole on my chest removed, also.  It was just a regular mole, in the end.
Bookmark and Share
We are all walking through the Valley of the Shadow of Death

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: cancer
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 05:49:11 AM »
Another dark irregular chest mole person whose mole was fine.  Melanoma at your age is really unlikely.  See a dermatologist, get all your moles checked (and if your acne is so bad it's causing swollen lymph nodes, maybe ask about the best way to treat that - I had pretty severe acne as a teenager and ultimately ended up regularly taking antibiotics for it.  I still broke out a lot, but was a lot less miserable!), and talk to someone about getting help for your anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: