Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How do you cure ovarian cancer worries?  (Read 234 times)

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How do you cure ovarian cancer worries?
« on: April 11, 2014, 11:33:57 PM »
Literally my first HA anxiety was ovarian cancer but I dismissed it after a few hours of research. Now it's back.

A few months ago my doctor expected maybe I had PCOS but she decided not to do a transvaginal ultrasound because she figured it'd be too painful. She put me on Metformin but I've since gone off.. For the past two months I've been getting pains around my hips, lower back, and pubic bone area. I have had one period since spring of last year, with spotting twice. The heels of my feet have mysteriously began hurting too and I have IBS (or at least my doctors assume since they haven't formally checked).

My grandma had OC and I knew her symptoms involved post-menopausal spotting, pain, difficulty breathing after walking a short distance, bloating, gas issues, and the inability to walk long distances. I haven't had those problems but I'm worried. It's taking forever to get an OBGYN appointment.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
Re: How do you cure ovarian cancer worries?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 04:59:41 AM »
The best way to cure your fears is to treat your anxiety. Plain and simple. Getting a checkup with your GYN is not a bad idea if you are uncomfortable, but it is by far more likely to be something far more benign. You will not get over these obsessions with diseases without psychiatric intervention, whether that be with professionals or on your own.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 05:45:50 AM »
I've never heard of foot pain as a symptom of ovarian cancer before.

And yeah, you cure the phobia by dealing with your anxiety.  Ovarian cancer before menopause is very rare.  If you want to get checked out just to totally do away with that specific worry as you work on your anxiety, I would warn you that they sometimes can't really do a thorough exam to check for ovarian cysts without a transvaginal ultrasound.  I've had many of them - my cysts have just never been visible through the normal way, possibly because I'm overweight?  No clue.  They aren't painful, just uncomfortable. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 06:36:54 AM »
The best way to cure your fears is to treat your anxiety. Plain and simple. Getting a checkup with your GYN is not a bad idea if you are uncomfortable, but it is by far more likely to be something far more benign. You will not get over these obsessions with diseases without psychiatric intervention, whether that be with professionals or on your own.

My anxiety has been doing better though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 08:07:50 PM »
If you're posting here about how to cure hypochondria worries, you're still having health anxiety. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephtronic

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • \m/
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 08:25:20 PM »
Exactly.
Bookmark and Share
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.

Tags: