Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Question about skin  (Read 105 times)

Offline nik88

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Question about skin
« on: April 11, 2014, 06:24:38 PM »
First I would just like to say thank you all so much for your input and support.  This site has done wonders for me.  I have a skin issue and I'm not sure what is wrong.  It's been going on for a year.  My face gets flushed very easily, and red bumps appear.  Some days they are bad, some days they aren't.  Sometimes they itch.  I 100% know they are not hives.  They are primarily just on my cheeks.  It kind of looks like acne but kind of doesnt, and it can wax and wane throughout the day...which is not really like acne.  I have noticed they seem to get worse when I drink alcohol...but I haven't had alcohol in ten months and clearly they are still here.  Some days my face is free of them.  I have no idea what makes them better or worse and I have tried to find a connection but failed.  I'm planning on seeing a dermatologist in the next few weeks but would love any type of suggestion....because it makes me nervous.  I'm really hoping this issue is just connected to my high level of stress this past two years...I worry it is signaling a serious internal problem though :(. I don't know if this helps, but my period has been irregular too and I have a couple other signs that make me think I have a hormonal problem in addition to all the other things going on.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question about skin
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 07:18:38 PM »
Sounds like rosacea.   That's nothing serious.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: