Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Panic attacks about my 6 year old  (Read 222 times)

Offline Melissa100

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Panic attacks about my 6 year old
« on: April 10, 2014, 11:31:50 PM »
Has anyone had anxiety attacks about their kids being sick? My son has been complaining about his stomach pain maybe once a week. I took him to his doctor and she doesn't think that anything is wrong with him except some maybe gastritis. I freaked out and asked for blood test. She was totally against it becaose she was totally sure that is not necessary.But I still insisted and did not trust her opinion and asked for cbc. Last tuesday he had blood drawn and now waiting for results. I am so scared something is wrong with him. He is eating fine, no fever, stool fine, has lots of energy but is pale and has dark cercles around his eyes. Am I over reacting and my anxiety is taking over my body? He also complains about his stomach when he is bord but not when kids are around or he is  busy playing. Anyone has similar expiriance? This is my first anxiety concerning my child I don't know-how to handel it. Help!!!!  Btw; he also has an infected tooth and just got antibiotics before they can  fix it, could that cause paleness and circle around his eyes??
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 39
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Panic attacks about my 6 year old
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 02:02:47 AM »
Pale and dark circles could be hay fever, not enough sleep, etc. 

Antibiotics can cause stomach pain, upset, diarrhea.  And if it's not really bothering him most of the time it's probably nothing at all.  I had gastritis as a kid and the doctor basically just had me eat a bunch of mylanta tablets before and after meals until things got worked out.  Not a huge deal. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline LilJenny45

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 07:08:49 AM »
How's his diet? I had a constant stomach ache for a while during when I was a teen, and it was basically an issue of eating too much unhealthy food.

Also, do you have health anxiety that you verbalize in your son's hearing? If so, he may be internalizing that and mimicking you. "Oh, mommy always says she has something wrong with her. . .I must, as well."

Bookmark and Share

Offline serenitynow

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 08:18:42 AM »
I hope I can put your mind at ease. If something is really wrong with his cbc, you'd have heard back about the results already. Nine years ago my 23 month old daughter was very sick. She had blood tests done and within an hour we got the call the we needed to take her to Children's Hospital  urgently and they suspected leukemia. After more testing, it was confirmed.

Last year my 8 year old son was having a lot of painful stomach problems. He seemed pretty miserable, and with the post traumatic stress from my daughter's ordeal with cancer I tend to freak out about medical things (hence, I am here!) so I took him to the doctor. An x-ray showed that he was pretty constipated, and that's it. Maybe this is the case with your child? I also want to let you know that my husband had a lot of stomach aches as a child and went through a lot of testing and nothing could ever be found. He suspects that he just got stomach aches from being nervous about school.

((hugs))
Bookmark and Share

Tags: