Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Flatness  (Read 91 times)

Offline angsty

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Flatness
« on: April 10, 2014, 11:08:10 PM »
So I had a period of several months where my anxiety seemed to get worse and worse. Then, in the last few days, I've found myself reaching a place of flatness. It's not severe anxiety, it's not depression, I'm just...here. I function and put a smile on my face, but I don't really seem to actually care about anything. Tonight, at work, someone told me that I looked really annoyed during a meeting. And I was annoyed with one of the participants because it was like "This is the same crap as always, it's so stupid, why even bother?" But actually, it wasn't even really annoyance, it was more the general feeling of meh, why bother with this?

Can anyone relate? I just feel so flat right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Flatness
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 05:26:36 AM »
I think you need to add a bit of focus to your life. You are running on empty as it is. Not caring about anything at all. If I ever get that way I begin list making. Things I want to do. Then focus on one thing on the list. No matter how hard it is to do it, I stick at it. Then there is self reward. Something people think they are not allowed to do. Rubbish. If you do something good, buy yourself something nice. Even if it is small. By way of saying well done to yourself. Our main aim here is to put a bit of shape back into your life again. It might not happen over night. Can take time. But working from lists on things you should be doing can give you that shape back again. If you stick with it and don't think ' not another bloody thing to do '. Keep track of your progress too. How you are managing with each thing you do. So you can read back over it all at a later date. As of now, nothing interests you at all. Time for you to change all of that.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: