Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Frustrated at myself.  (Read 111 times)

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
Frustrated at myself.
« on: April 10, 2014, 06:29:34 PM »
For the past few... golly I want to say it's probably been a few weeks - I have not had a single worry or fear about my headaches. In fact for the most part I wasn't having any! So I was in really high spirits, as I felt like slowly but surely I was really getting better from my HA.

But than of course, life has a way of reminding me that it isn't that easy.  :angry: Today I was with my family and we had just gotten out of the car and were headed into a few stores to go shopping (our family is rarely able to go places together because of everybody's busy schedule so it was nice family time), when suddenly BAHM! I get this sharp, strong, headache on the side of my head (think of a ice-pick headache, but a little milder) - it only last a few seconds but it was enough to ruin the entire evening out with my family. On the outside I was trying not to show my fear - even after the headache had long gone I felt like anything and everything was going to trigger it to come back again. The bright lights, the people talking, I felt like I needed to just go home and curl into a ball in my bed. Even now I'm still a little scared despite the fact that it's been almost 3 hours since the headache and it has not come back.

I'm so upset with myself and I feel it's just not fair to my family that I'm almost sabotaging our good times with my HA.
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Frustrated at myself.
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 08:51:57 PM »
I know exactly how you feel.  That was actually one of the things that forced me into treatment…that I was ruining my relationship with my family and taking away from my daughter.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Frustrated at myself.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 02:05:33 AM »
But for a few weeks you did it!  You just have to find a way to pick up and keep going and not let this drag you down.  You can! 
Bookmark and Share