Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Starting prozac tonight  (Read 206 times)

Online AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Starting prozac tonight
« on: April 10, 2014, 12:33:54 PM »
I had a follow-up with my psychiatrist yesterday. We had discussed previously adding buspar if my anxiety was not under control.  However I continue to have persistent constipation with the lexapro so instead yesterday she decided to switch to prozac. I'll be starting that tonight. Wish me luck!

I've kind of wanted off the lexapro for a couple months due to the aforementioned reasons, but now that I am actually switching, I am very nervous. I'm usually not skittish about medication but I'm feeling very amped up and nervous in general at the moment. Anyway, we'll see how this goes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 105
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Starting prozac tonight
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 06:08:27 PM »
I am very nervous. I'm usually not skittish about medication but I'm feeling very amped up and nervous in general at the moment

In most cases switching from one SSRI to another is relatively easy with side-effects only lasted a few days. Prozac can take a while to buildup in the system, but Lexapro has a longer half-life than most of the other SSRIs so should continue to provide protection for some days.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: