Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can Not Continue In This State of mind  (Read 533 times)

Offline Karloff29

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can Not Continue In This State of mind
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 06:57:23 PM »
I find that more than anything the worse cause of fear is myself... The more that I allow myself to get tempted by the "candy" of reassurance and "what if" scenarios, the more I give in to what my anxiety wants me to do - be afraid. I have found that literally talking to yourself about why you aren't suffering from these afflictions really helps.

See, I have muscle twitching all over my body and have been worrying about it non-stop. Even after I have calmed down mentally, my body needs time to catch up, so they are still going to occur for a while.

Write down all the reasons why you aren't afflicted and you'll see that you are really okay. Facts speak louder than fears and those of us who suffer from HA love facts!
Bookmark and Share

Offline UK Worry Wart

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can Not Continue In This State of mind
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 11:24:08 AM »
Can't say enough praise about CBT for dealing with HA, it has helped tremendously with my issues. One of the things that really stuck with me is when my therapist asked me "OK, suppose you do have [insert life threatening disease au du jour], what changes now about how you live your life?" It not only reminds me to appreciate the days that I am healthy, but also that I will tackle any real issues head on and live life even more to the fullest if/when I do face a real threat. The other thing I do is no longer use google to find what might be wrong. The only place I allow myself to search symptoms is on here, and that just shows me how so many people have the same worries as me and are just as healthy. HA is so unfair in that it dominates our thoughts and takes us away from really being present with the ones we love.

And just to feed your reassurance addiction (we are all addicted to it here), I had massive twitches all over my body for a year with no real reason. My fingers, arms, tongue, calves, all twitched enough to easily be seen with the naked eye. That was 6 years ago and I am still here. Right now I am dealing with splinter haemorrhages under my nails and I bet I will be here in another 6 years. But either way, I won't let HA rob me of the time with my wonderful wife, family and friends. Stay strong and remind yourself to enjoy the present and not to dwell in the future, for that will always be uncertain.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: