Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need advice - really panicky  (Read 106 times)

Offline sparx

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Need advice - really panicky
« on: April 10, 2014, 09:43:41 AM »
I have a history of HA.  I have been obsessing over the past two weeks about a pain in my right forearm and elbow.  Then, last week, two of my toes began to feel numb-ish -- sort of like they have a thread wrapped around them.  I saw my GP (who knows about my HA) two days ago.  I had my husband come along for support - I was THAT scared.  I was worried that this might be an indication of RA, which my mother had.  I had this same fear three years ago.  I don't have any redness or swelling anywhere.  My hands are fine, although sometimes when I wake up at night they are stiff, and I flex them and they are fine.  The dr spent over 30 minutes with me, and said she did not see my symptoms being consistent with my obsession.  She took me very seriously, and answered all my questions. She asked to see me again in 1 month since I haven't had a routine physical for awhile, and she is having me do routine bloodwork.   I was good with that, but last night, I panicked again.  I wanted to search Dr. Google.  I keep telling myself maybe she missed something, maybe she's wrong.  Am I crazy?  Can anyone give me any advice on how to get out of this spiral?  Can anyone lend me any support? I feel truly awful. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need advice - really panicky
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 10:06:37 AM »
The arm thing sounds exactly like tennis elbow.  If you hold your arm straight out and flex your wrist UP, does your forearm hurt?  I'm dealing with BAD tennis elbow since January, caused from shoveling SO much snow this winter!  My elbow will be stiff in the morning.  I can't even go through a drive through for a cup of coffee because I can't grip the coffee with my arm out, without bad pain.  I don't think the arm and the toe are related.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: