Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Trazodone didn't help :(  (Read 288 times)

Offline HopefulAmy81

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Trazodone didn't help :(
« on: April 10, 2014, 07:25:08 AM »
Since starting Buspirone a month ago I have had major sleep issues.  I will fall asleep only to wake up a few minutes later.  I am dealing with anxiety and I have it under control in the day.  But this is making it worse.  I NEED sleep to feel better.  My Dr. prescribed 50 mg of Trazodone yesterday.  So last night I took it with some food at 9pm hoping it would make me sleepy.  Well I feel asleep and woke up a few minutes later.  and then laid there.  I got really anxious because I need sleep to feel good the next day.   I ended up taking a 0.5 mg of Ativan and fell alseep good until 7:00am.   Ativan is the only thing putting me to sleep.  But I don't want to become dependent on that. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ringil

• Lost Cat
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Ringil & The 3 Mouseketeers
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trazodone didn't help :(
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 11:06:10 AM »
Trazodone is a useless drug. You have to take many of them to get anything out of it.

Nobody likes dependency but .5 mg. of Ativan (or my preferred drug Xanax) is hardly a serious dependency.
Bookmark and Share
Anything I post is an opinion© and not necessarily a fact™. I've often benefitted from anecdotal guidance. Your mileage may vary.

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trazodone didn't help :(
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 12:43:44 PM »
I was more or less hooked on ambien for a long time. My pdoc put me on 50mg of trazodone. It didn't help. He upped it to 100mg. I take it 30minutes before I intend to try to fall asleep. For those thirty minutes I relax. No tv (usually) no computer, no audiobooks, no podcasts, not music, no "to do" list conversations with my wife. In fact, no even mildly stressful conversations. I do my Alexander Technique lying down for 15 minutes. Then I'll read or write for ten to fifteen minutes. Then I close my eyes and fall asleep within a few minutes. I sleep for at least seven hours, maybe waking once to yes the bathroom, but then I'm right back asleep.

I've found traz to be very effective when on the right dosage, in conjunction with my no stimulation for a half hour policy. But it did take about a week to really get it down. I've been on it for about a month. Ask your doctor about increasing the dose.
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Tags: