Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone know anything about this??  (Read 105 times)

Offline Jess0617

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone know anything about this??
« on: April 09, 2014, 01:23:25 AM »
A few weeks ago I went to the ER because I didn't feel well at all. I ha several blood tests run and they said I look great on paper but my calcium level is slightly elevated and it is 10.4.....I'm freaking out about it. I've had bloodwork done to test my thyroid levels a few months ago because the doctors suspected that was causing my heart palpitations. Any advice on the calcium level??
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone know anything about this??
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 02:10:59 AM »
I had this to. The funny part is the doc wouldnt read my levels to me and instead is making me take a whole new blood test. I was pissed tbh. The last doc told me it was sorta high

let me know what it means for u goodluck
Bookmark and Share

Online Lunatone

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 02:17:29 AM »
Elevated calcium is not by itself a worrying thing. If you arent experiencing any hypercalcemia symptoms, then it's nothing to concern yourself with.
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 03:33:12 AM »
If the doctor isn't worried, you don't need to be. 

Especially since I just googled, and 10.2 is considered normal.  I really doubt you have anything to worry about. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 07:56:06 AM »
You have to understand that the "normal" levels are based upon statistical odds of the general public.  You may be one of those individuals who runs mildly outside of that range.  I am one of those people who tends to runs calcium levels similar to yours.  I have never been worked up for it because I am asymptomatic.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Tags:

anything