Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of seizures.  (Read 123 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fear of seizures.
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:39:02 PM »
I do not have epilepsy. And don't have seizures but lately I've been afraid my body wants to have one. I will feel weird things in my head and my tongue. Maybe that's just anxiety?

Then I will feel like I'm gonna have one but my body won't have one cause Xanax is blocking it so I feel like just come on already and that just builds up anxiety. And then I will have a panic attack mild ones and actually feel a release.

Does anyone get like this? You may not have fear or feel like you gonna have seizure but there's other things that people worry about happening to them. Like your heart, like if you worry about heart problems you might start to feel weird feelings in your chest and then think it's a heart attack coming and go into anxiety or panic.

Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline vardnas

• Rec's: 95
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of seizures.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 11:26:58 AM »
You may not have fear or feel like you gonna have seizure but there's other things that people worry about happening to them. Like your heart, like if you worry about heart problems you might start to feel weird feelings in your chest and then think it's a heart attack coming and go into anxiety or panic.

Yep. This is the nature of anxiety. When we focus on our hearts, we start to notice that it beats faster or gets palpitations, etc. However that doesn't mean there's anything wrong. The thing about seizures is that oftentimes there are no symptoms leading up to them—they just happen. So these things you're feeling—the head and tongue sensations—these are anxiety symptoms. The body is not going to "want" to have a seizure. Your Xanax is not somehow "blocking" it from having one. And more definitely, you being afraid of having one is not going to bring one on.

You're taking Xanax already—are you doing anything else to treat your anxiety?
Bookmark and Share
In case anyone is still confused:  googling your symptoms will cause you to remain in a state of extreme anxiety. Stepping away from the internet is the first step toward lasting peace.

Offline corwin

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 04:35:17 PM »
my biggest fear at the moment is having a brain tumor so i'm no stranger to worrying about seizures. any time i start feeling "out of it" or sort of foggy or jittery, i start obsessing over possibly having a seizure. i've never had one in my life but it's the tiny seizures that scare me the most because i don't know what they look like or how they manifest and i'm too scared to google them (which is probably good). so i just assume i have like twenty tiny seizures a day without knowing it.

on another note, back when i had a fear of heart attacks, i experienced chest pain and even developed costochondritis (totally benign condition but painful as hell) from hyperventilating during my panic attacks. once the heart attack fear went away, so did all the symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 09:54:17 AM »
I have always been afraid of seizures and for many many years I was ok and had no health anxiety. Until 2 months ago when I started feeling off balance and had to wait 4 weeks to see the dr cause she was booked up and during that time I made the mistake of using dr google. And now I am worried of a brain tumor also. Even after I saw my dr, she did a neurological test on me and all was normal and said it was my frontal sinuses but since there was no proof of that cause she can't see them without a ct scan it was hard to take her word for it. I took
The antibiotic and noticed my head felt a little better, I get pressure in my forehead and the more pressure I feel the more off balance I feel but I am afraid of tumor. And I see ent this morning and my anxiety is up there.

Yes I take Xanax, and other ways I deal with it is just trying to find ways to cope with it but very hard. This was a set back for me. It's been years since I have had these fears.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Tags: