Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: FOUND TRUE WEAKNESS IN TOE!!! PANICKED  (Read 226 times)

Offline AP151

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Stop just existing, live while you can!
    • Poke This Member
FOUND TRUE WEAKNESS IN TOE!!! PANICKED
« on: April 07, 2014, 07:57:06 PM »
My left pinky toe is weaker than my right pinky toe and the rest of my toes. When I resist it from flexing downward it's perfectly fine, but when I resist it going up, I can stop it easier than the rest of my toes! I'm so scared!!!!
Bookmark and Share
"To live is rarest thing in the world. Most just simply exist." - Oscar Wilde

"Don't take life so seriously, nobody makes it out alive anyway."

Online ShawnW

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: FOUND TRUE WEAKNESS IN TOE!!! PANICKED
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 08:29:15 PM »
Self testing might be one of the worst abuses HA'rs do to themselves.  I know all too well the spiral of sickness that comes from self examination.  First, you are not a physician.  Second, there are going to be asymmetries throughout your body...one side bigger...one side weaker...hyperawareness, one side less coordinated, etc.  The pinkie toe or 5th metatarsal is terribly uncoordinated.  Killing yourself with this will lead you down a very dark path.

Let me ask you something...how old are you?
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Online ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 08:32:55 PM »
Ok, got that you are 19 yo from your profile.  I am a medical professional and can speak from experience and knowledge that a pinkie toe not moving like the other in your age group is not worrisome.  Most likely this is a perception issue and you have no idea what you are looking at...and are not thinking logically but from a place of fear.  What is it specifically that you are worried about? 
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Offline AP151

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 08:36:29 PM »
MS and ALS is my specific fear. I had my step dad test both pinky toes at the same time also and he said there was a difference but he also said I was trying noticbly harder with the stronger foot because he said that foot was more white. I've been totally panicked the last 2 weeks about neurological disease and have had so many symptoms since.
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 08:50:07 PM »
AP, lets take ALS off the table.  You are 19...do you know how incredibly rare juvenile ALS is?  We are talking about 1 in millions.  So, we are only really talking about MS, and this would be a incredibly odd presentation for MS.  Your mind is playing tricks on you. 

Some suggestions...

1) Get some professional help with your HA.  Trust me it only gets worse if it goes unchecked.  You know you have a disease that will decrease your ability to enjoy life and will shorten your life.  HA stress will cause you all sorts of issues if you don't do something about it...get some help.  Stress is a killer.

2)  Only come here...don't google your symptoms...ever under any circumstances.  If you need solace...go ask your doc.

3) Get involved in some serious relaxation...whatever that may be for you.  Get your mind off this nonsense.  Yoga, meditation, prayer...massages...dead sea salt baths...eat right, exercise, get good sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 09:21:13 PM »
My pinky toe is definitely not weak but it's undoubtedly considerably weaker than my right pinky toe. I'm able to resist way way more with my right pinky toe against upward flexing. I would agree that my mind is playing tricks in me if it weren't for my step dad noticing this too. The toe that is weaker is the same foot that I've been experiencing mild tingling, and a tickling feeling in my foot that I can also feel in my buttocks/lower back. (It seems to be coming from there). I've had twitching in this foot as well as my thighs, calf, and right upper arm, I even had a weird twitch in my abdomen once. People keep telling me it's anxiety but it's hard to believe!
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 09:32:35 PM »
Which is completely normal.  Asymmetric strength differences are so common that if you didn't have them I would consider it odd.  My right arm, and hand is MUCH stronger and bigger than my left.  My right toes are stronger and more coordinated.  These are normal findings. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline AP151

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 10:41:44 PM »
Even if the only assymetric weakness is in my pinky toe? The rest of my toes are equal strength on both sides. The weak pinky toe side is also the one that I have the mild tingling and foot twitching on. As well as the ticklish feeling in my glute, top of foot. Could this be a pinched nerve in the L5/S1 causing all this?
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 04:56:17 AM »
Even if the only assymetric weakness is in my pinky toe? The rest of my toes are equal strength on both sides. The weak pinky toe side is also the one that I have the mild tingling and foot twitching on. As well as the ticklish feeling in my glute, top of foot. Could this be a pinched nerve in the L5/S1 causing all this?

Again, it's completely normal.  You need to accept it.  You do not have a pinched nerve.  That isn't the presentation of lumbar disc disease.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2014, 05:37:24 AM »
How in the world did it occur you to test pinky foot strength? They test for weakness on neurological exam, and you passed it.

This is really nothing to be concerned about...
Bookmark and Share

Online ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 06:18:09 AM »
How in the world did it occur you to test pinky foot strength? They test for weakness on neurological exam, and you passed it.

This is really nothing to be concerned about...

Even if one pinkie toe is weaker than the other it means nothing.  My right arm is much stronger than my left.  My right hand is much stronger and more coordinated than my left.  Now, if he can't move his pinkie toe at all...ok look into it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: