Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Waiting for biopsy result - suicidal ideations  (Read 544 times)

Offline xxAmyxx

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Waiting for biopsy result - suicidal ideations
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 09:47:21 PM »
Just wanted to check in with you. Did you go to the meeting?
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 10:08:18 PM »
Yes, please, please contact your psychiatrist for the xanax.  Let them know how you're feeling.   You need treatment.

I think I told you my Mom's story before but if not, here it is again.  For over 2 years past menopause, she had near hemorrhaging every month.  To the point where she had to use adult diapers for the bleeding.  She didn't seek treatment until I forced the issue when she was hospitalized with the flu.  Even with all of that and all that time, the ONLY treatment she needed was a hysterectomy. I would be my life you don't have endometrial or uterine cancer but if you do, the treatment is so simple and you're considered cured.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skywizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 06:14:29 AM »
I guess you will be getting your results today so the suffereing is almost at an end :) I've recently had a biopsy myself, i isisted on it being performed, anyhow i had postoperative bleeding (it was tonsils, so its common) and i went to my ent so that he can take a look and see if anything needed to be done about it. Coincidentally this was exactly a week after they shipped the tissue off for biopsy, anyhow my ent was acting all strange (or at least so i thought at the time) so i said, look be straight with me is it lymphoma ? He laughed, he said if anything suspicious was found i would have called you the very same day that i sent it for examination. Its my guess therefore that all specimens are examined quickly and you only get results later cos the finding needs to be typed up etc, etc. So if after a week there's been no issue i'd say you are good.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 06:50:57 AM »
I guess you will be getting your results today so the suffereing is almost at an end :) I've recently had a biopsy myself, i isisted on it being performed, anyhow i had postoperative bleeding (it was tonsils, so its common) and i went to my ent so that he can take a look and see if anything needed to be done about it. Coincidentally this was exactly a week after they shipped the tissue off for biopsy, anyhow my ent was acting all strange (or at least so i thought at the time) so i said, look be straight with me is it lymphoma ? He laughed, he said if anything suspicious was found i would have called you the very same day that i sent it for examination. Its my guess therefore that all specimens are examined quickly and you only get results later cos the finding needs to be typed up etc, etc. So if after a week there's been no issue i'd say you are good.

Yep, generally speaking specimens get a once over by a tech.  Concerning specimens are prioritized for the pathologist to look at quickly.  So in general if the specimen is concerning you will have results the next day or two.  If you had a biopsy and it's been a week, more often than not the specimen wasn't prioritized due to concern and is usually ok.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Tags: