Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I'm very afraid I have Schizophrenia.  (Read 285 times)

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I'm very afraid I have Schizophrenia.
« on: April 06, 2014, 06:16:53 PM »
I'm very scared that I'm in the Prodormal Stage of Schizophrenia.  I am Hypersensitive and
and always checking the source of a sound.  I smell things that most  people don't, and
I'll go through a phase like an hour of Depression.  I want to know does this sound like
Schizophrenia, and if somebody thought that they had it would they even care that they had
it.  My Psychologist says I don't but I'm really afraid I do, I don't know what to do. 
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm very afraid I have Schizophrenia.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 11:16:52 PM »
What do you mean by checking the source of a sound exactly?
Bookmark and Share

Offline deckeromega

• Yeezus
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 11:24:08 PM »
If I hear something unexpected I will check for where the noise came from.
Say I'm watching t.v. and I hear a a band come from somewhere in my
house I get up and make sure that the sound came from something. 
If there's something on a t.v. show that I'm not sure if it came from it
I will rewind and make sure the sound came from the t.v.
Bookmark and Share
It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 11:26:47 PM »
I'm very hypersensitive to my body because I have really bad health anxiety. I have GAD and depression, and I worry about this too sometimes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AriaRose

• I am half-sick of shadows said The Lady of Shalott
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 07:10:56 AM »
I'm very scared that I'm in the Prodormal Stage of Schizophrenia.  I am Hypersensitive and
and always checking the source of a sound.  I smell things that most  people don't, and
I'll go through a phase like an hour of Depression.  I want to know does this sound like
Schizophrenia, and if somebody thought that they had it would they even care that they had
it.  My Psychologist says I don't but I'm really afraid I do, I don't know what to do.

I check for sources of sounds if they seem odd. I also smell things most other people in my household cant... Until I find the source. Spent a while recently looking for the smell of smoke. Everyone else could smell nothing and made fun of me. Finally, after checking most of the electronics, I opened the front door. Our neighbors had their fireplace smoking up the whole neighborhood in the middle of summer. Family immediately smelled it upon opening the door and I teased them mercilessly. Sure, there is such a thing as olfactory hallucinations, but some of us just have sensitive smellers. I also would bet that people with anxiety problems are much more aware of, and sensitive to, their environments.

Dont sweat it for now and trust your psych. It is probably more likely just health anxiety. There was a time in my life I was diagnosing myself with every psychological condition in the manual. So just try not to obsess. You're receiving care and your psych would more than likely notice if you showed worrisome signs, so even if you did start having more serious problems, you're in good hands.They got this.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: