Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Twitches and numbness in face?!  (Read 283 times)

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Twitches and numbness in face?!
« on: April 06, 2014, 03:37:55 PM »
So ive had problems clenching my teeth due to severe anxiety after a bad divorce....I get headaches in the back of my head on the right side and also behind my right eye....now I'm noticing muscle twitches in my right cheek and in my vhin????? after it twitches a while it feels cool and numb...not to bad on the outside just inside of my cheek and chin..almost like ive been to the dentist...has anyone ever experienced this???? I also have severe muscle tension in my neck...xrays came back normal and CAT scan...im really wanting an MRI due to the occipital neuralgia the neck pull and tensions caused....im afraid of MS...my dad has had MS since he was 30...im 33/f... thank you.
Bookmark and Share
~The one big bummer about reality is.....there's no awesome background music~

Offline Vedabug54

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Twitches and numbness in face?!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 04:20:13 PM »
I've had a lot of experience with numbness in my face and I was terrified  I had MS.  I've had every facial symptom and I had an MRI and turned out to be nothing.  Anxiety is a nasty thing to have, when it comes to the physical symptoms it can cause nothing supraies me anymore. Maybe you can ask your doctor for a referral for an MRI for piece of mind
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 10:45:13 PM »
Also ive been noticing some weird white flashes on the side of the muscle tension and numbing...the right side...its like a smear of whote periodically in the outer eye...of course I google it cause I just had an eye exam and they said my eyes were perfectly healthy...and it immedaitly came up MS...i never feares i would have it because my dad does..im sure its not a hereditary thing...its like an auto immune disroder...but wverythingggf comes up MS. I forgot to mention the flashss to the eye doc...but I also heard an eye doc can see MS lesions when they dilate your eyes?
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 06:16:12 AM »
I USED to experience same exact thing, but i FIXED IT!!! Yahooo and you can, too. I also have family with MS... my dad, aunt, cousin. Not only that, but we have a whole slew of other autoimmune disorders amongst all close relatives... like over 10 major disorders... but I am fine :) So here is what is happening. You have to start stretching the muscles in the back of your neck and do isometrics. Tight muscles that are not stretched cause all kinds of weird problems. So you need to do the stretching along with isometrics for the neck every day. By keeping the neck loose, you will also loosen the jaw, so you will no longer grind your teeth. Don't chew gum. That will inflame the TM joint and therefore cause a clenching reaction. THe tension headaches you are getting (you have classic) behind the eye and back of head, one side only... that is caused from the tight muscles in back of neck because that is how the nerve path runs and ends. The brain cannot feel pain, as it does not have the ability to. So if you feel pain, I always tell people it is not brain it is either nerves or muscles but commonly muscles because they can feel pain and refer it to other areas even. Adjust workspace, and wear glasses if need be. THe flashing lights... that prob is from either ocular migraines, caused by rapid dilation/constriction of veins behind eye... or lightheadedness from getting up too fast, or a little dehydration (twithcing can also be from that). If you have pain behind eye and see lights (of course if it's severe pain and lightning bolts then get to doc rright away)...you need to work those tense muscles in the neck which will help to even control the veins.. put less pressure on them. I aslo have twitching... its called BFS... and certain techniques I have been doing has helped it so it's not nearly as bad as it used to be... There is an easy explanation for what ails you and it is all coming from the neck muscles!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline AOKAY

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 11:03:53 AM »
I agree with livelaughlove that your symptoms sound much more like neck muscle tension and anxiety than MS.
I also have numbness around my left eye and left cheek and can actually feel the knot in my left side neck muscle most likely causing the numbness.  I've been under a great deal of stress lately due to health and family issues.  Neck tension is my most common stress complaint, this time radiating into my jaw and facial muscles on that side. 
Not sure how to help you eliminate your symptoms.  In my experience, when the stress lessens, so do the muscle tension and resulting symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hunniedeww24

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 10:34:58 AM »
Wow thank you guys soo much!!!! Ive never had it expalined that way..I knew it all started when the tension amd stressed caused a major muscle spasm in my neck(felt like a bad crick times 1000) too where I coukdnt sit up, turn my head or do anything really...it was excruciating!!!thats when the nerve pain in my eye and back of my head started! that was a yr ago...and I also cut hair whichin doesnt help at all....ive been to see many doctors and im fine..Gah its crazy to think tight neck muscles can put a person thru hell!..I know once I started stretching my neck muscles more the dizzines and vertigo lessened...its been a mess but thank u thank!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: