Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Diarrhea ... ugh  (Read 165 times)

Offline ARose318

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Diarrhea ... ugh
« on: April 06, 2014, 07:52:36 AM »
I woke up about an hour ago. I felt fine, just really bloated. I went to the bathroom thinking I had to poop and instead I had really watery diarrhea! I had no cramping, no nausea, nothing, just was in the bathroom about 15-20 min. Of course my anxiety is on high (I am emetophobic) thinking I'm sick but it's been about 10 min since and I feel ok.

We went to a new fried food fast food place last night and had fried chicken - which I normally don't do well with but never that bad! Do you think it could be from that?

Like I said, I have no other symptoms
Bookmark and Share

Online Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Diarrhea ... ugh
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 08:46:50 AM »
Diarrhea is caused by many things. Unless you are in the bathroom about ten times a day and can't eat or get dehydrated, it usually is not of concern and will pass. Constant, every day diarrhea is a concern.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 08:57:04 AM »
Did you eat or drink anything this morning or a few hours prior to going?  (even water) Watery diarrhea like that just means your colon is irritated and something passed RIGHT through VERY quickly.   I doubt it was from last night (although what you ate last night could have irritate the colon, but if the chicken made you go you would have had the watery diarrhea about an hour or so after eating it.)
I think you are fine, just an irritated colon from what you ate last night.   With that said, don't eat anything irritating (stick to one of the things in the BRAT diet the first time you eat today and see how that is (Banana, Rice, Apple, Toast)  If it's fine then eat something heavier and see what happens.  It may be a very slight irritation and you won't be bothered again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ARose318

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 12:10:42 PM »
I hadn't eaten anything since I had the chicken last night.

I had that nasty bout this morning around 7:30am, then a smaller bout around 8:30. Nothing since besides a major panic attack. I went to church and we always go out to breakfast after and by that time I was staving and felt fine, so I had some pancakes and a scrambled egg. This was about an hour ago. I feel ok. Now, I'm just exhausted because I took a Xanax and a 1/2 phenergan earlier when I was having my panic attack.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: