Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: can anxiety cause the pain I'm feeling?  (Read 164 times)

Offline mustardtiger56

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
can anxiety cause the pain I'm feeling?
« on: April 05, 2014, 07:07:56 PM »
So three 5 months ago, I found some swollen lymph nodes in my neck and armpits. They didn't go away within a month so I panicked and called my doctor. After examination and a blood test he said they were all normal but would refer me to a surgeon for a second opinion if I would like. I did this and then surgeon said they were all reactive. However I received a chest xray, blood test, and ultrasound of these areas to confirm that I was okay. Everything came back fine with absolutely nothing concerning. I remember having read that HL is accompanied by alchohol pain and so I decided I would test it every time I went out. Sure enough I began feeling pain when drinking, sometimes in different places in my neck. The pain is not like that described by HL survivors as it is very brief and not severe. However I can't find any other reason for this pain. What do you guys think about this situation, should I keep pushing for more tests? Or am I okay, just overanxious?
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: can anxiety cause the pain I'm feeling?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 07:15:00 PM »
sorry was HL?

Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline mustardtiger56

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 08:46:28 PM »
Hodgkin's lymphoma
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 11:01:01 PM »
Oh god i am almost the same boat as you! I've been dealing with my Health Anxiety of Hodgkin's lymphoma since last year! I've been obsessed of Alcohol pain related to lymphoma! Been drinking a lot of alcohol just to reassure myself that i do not get any severe pain from it. As far as i know, pain after drinking related to lymphoma described to be severe pain like agonizing, crippling pain, it will felt immediately after the first few sips. And it is tend to be on the affected lymph nodes. That's what i heard on the internet...

I feel your pain! (not really pain, just anxious pain!) I've been imagining myself that if i drink a beer my fingers were like tingling or any random tingling but no immediate severe pain. But seriously... a lymph node on finger? Do we have a lymph nodes on our fingers? And i remember i've been drinking for the straight whole week every night and i end up getting asthma (i had asthma ever since and Alcohol sometimes can trigger asthma symptoms.), dry mouth & trembling hands! Which made my anxiety worse!

Could it be we get muscle tension related to anxiety because when you drink your mind and body are so anxious of something a symptom of lymphoma and it will create tension to your body.  :dazed:

I can assure you that you do not have HL! You are fine! We are fine! *fingers crossed
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline mustardtiger56

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 12:03:54 AM »
Hmm, well what I experience is a slight pain in some area of the neck that lasts a few seconds. But I become extremely anxious just before I drink yet I feel like I have to drink to see if it hurts. Its really messed up. Have you ever felt some form of neck pain due to this anxiety after drinking?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 12:21:48 AM »
Well not in my neck maybe because i am not focused and concern on my neck. I am more focused and concern on my arms especially on my left hands. tingling sensation because i was so anxious! Also i get the tingling sensation before drinking so i came to the point must be really anxiety causing all of this odd sensations! I was just so anxious before and after drinking!

I think it's all muscle tension because of Anxiety of drinking. Fearing you might get pain.

Plus, pain after drinking related to HL is not seconds, it lasts for 30mins to hours and the pain will continue unless if you do not stop drinking. Take note it is a severe pain (more like a extreme bone pain) not some tingling sensations.
(I've read it on some forum of Lymphoma patients, many patients said; "It's so painful i would cry", "It's so painful i would scream!".)
I still recall it from reading it on the lymphoma forums few months ago! :)
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline Gemmal

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 12:15:08 PM »
In the exact same boat as you guys , except the pain occurs the next day . I wouldn't be screaming .

I have had all the bloods an x ray . Had this for now over two years . 26 months to be exact yet still make myself sick over this , having a really bad day today
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemmal

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 12:22:32 PM »
And god forbid I did have it . I would hate to think what my chances were , I feel sick at the thought
Bookmark and Share

Tags: