Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This one is out there I know  (Read 171 times)

Offline Walking Circles

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
This one is out there I know
« on: April 05, 2014, 05:40:34 PM »
So I was reading reddit the other day and saw that there was an outbreak of ebola in Africa. Now I am afraid it has or will spread to the U.S., I am also afraid of being exposed somehow. I have been kind scared for the past two days because yesterday my throat was scratchy and I had some muscle pains. Today my throat is better but the lymph nodes behind my jaw are tender and my nose is runny and draining. I started to freak out because I read that ebola starts with sore throat.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: This one is out there I know
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 06:02:38 PM »
Hi WC...

The well documented outbreaks of the Ebola Virus Disease have only produced human fatalities upon the African continent.  The reason for this stems from the animals that thrive in the African environment, the delicate interspecies interactions, and the poverty and customs of the African people.

There has never been a reported case of Ebola in the United States, so unless you have recently been to Africa, your chances of contracting Ebola is zero.

I hope that this statistical information will ease your mind.

The very best to you, WC!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walking Circles

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: This one is out there I know
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 09:12:49 PM »
Thanks, I know the odds are slim but with air travel and what not it still worries me. Plus everybody around me is sick, but I think it is all sinuses.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything