Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: maybe someone knows....  (Read 99 times)

Offline terri

• Rec's: 0
  • love life
    • Poke This Member
maybe someone knows....
« on: April 05, 2014, 04:22:41 PM »
if it's hot outside, will that also make your body temperature go up some?

Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: maybe someone knows....
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 04:50:16 PM »
Yep. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 05:03:35 PM »
Hi Terri...

Generally speaking, no, your body temperature will not increase simply because it is hot outside.  The human body tends to use perspiration as a way to cool down.  Some heat can be dispersed through respiration too, but that is minimal.

Conditions such as "heat stroke" usually occur in hot conditions combined with strenuous physical exertion, which forces the human body beyond its capacity to cool itself down.

Like one's pulse and blood pressure, temperature is also not a constant of the human body.  98.6 degrees is nothing more than an average temperature.  Some individuals tend to run a little lower, and some higher.

Time of day is a factor.  Upon waking, one's temperature is apt to be lower than any other time of the day.  As an individual's day progresses, with greater activity, the body temperature will increase slightly.

Generally, our bodies do a great job of maintaining our vital signs.

The very best to you, Terri!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 06:48:20 PM »
I know that sitting in a really hot bathtub will raise your temperature.  I do that in the winter to warm up and have taken my temperature when before I go in and when I get out sometimes out of curiosity.  I have gotten it to 101.1 one time (from 98.5)!  It took about an hour for it to get back to normal.  (but I felt really weird when I got out so... "don't try this at home"....) It really won't raise it if your are just a little warm from outside - but maybe if you were sitting in the sun for an hour in 100 degree heat it may.
(where do you live? Send some of that heat here!!   :goofy:)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: