Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: About to restart my effexor.... Shaking I'm so nervous  (Read 174 times)

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
About to restart my effexor.... Shaking I'm so nervous
« on: April 05, 2014, 10:44:30 AM »
I'm about to take my effexor again, venlafaxine er to be technical. I was on it for a long time before, I'm very anxious. I hate starting new medication, I took a klonopin I was trembling this morning. Any advice would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 20
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: About to restart my effexor.... Shaking I'm so nervous
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 12:00:48 PM »
Hello De...

You mentioned that you have been on Effexor (Venlafaxine) in the past, so I can only assume that it worked well for you, otherwise your doctor wouldn't have started you on it again.  So that is in your favor.

You didn't mention how many mg your physician is starting you on.  The usual starting dose of Effexor is 75 mg.  Effexor is a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) classified anti-depressant.  If your main problem is that of an anxiety disorder, you may wish to start the Effexor at a lower dose, say 37.5 mg, which can help to lessen any possible start-up side effects.  When an SNRI anti-depressant is started, serotonin levels in the brain increase immediately.  Some individuals will have no or limited side effects, some more severe, but side effects are usually limited to a few weeks, as the body adjusts to the medication.  Plus, you have Klonopin to help you over the rough spots.

If you had any side effects when starting Effexor in the past, they may differ this time, so just be aware of that.

I know that it can be somewhat scary, starting on an anti-depressant, but millions are started on anti-depressants each year, with good results, and you have been on the Effexor in the past, so give yourself a pat-on-the-back for being a pro.

Good luck to you, De.  The very best!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 01:08:15 PM »
I appreciate your post, I flaked out didn't take it, I will try again tomorrow. I thought about it too much and psyched myself out. I'm starting at 37.5mg er of the generic. I was on it for so long before got off, then went to get back on and was an anxious wreck, I was also so used to not being anxious for years so when the startup effects hit me It felt like a freight train hitting me, just a wave of adrenaline. Didn't have klonopin then so hoping it will go good this time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyCatLady

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 07:37:48 PM »
You don't have any problems taking the klonopin right? How is this different?
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 07:55:11 PM »
It's pretty activating, I get anxious when I start new medication, and as silly as it sounds I hate having people around me besides my mother. Idk I know it's childish, but she comforts me and keeps me calm.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: