Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Been awhile  (Read 138 times)

Offline North34

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Been awhile
« on: April 05, 2014, 09:44:01 AM »
Hey guys, haven't been on here very much. Been feeling somewhat ok the last few months but the last few days are getting to me.. I have a heavy chest.. with some localized pain.. back pain and sinus issues (congestion, lightheadedness, ears feel full.. It was a crazy week with about 4ft of snow I have to shovel and new changes at work stressed me out a bit.. 2 weeks ago today i stopped smoking.. I used the patch for 3 days then went to an e-cig with 18mg of nicotine whenever i have a craving. I dunno if its all just allergies or something else.. Any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline North34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Been awhile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 06:33:59 PM »
No words of wisdom lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline North34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 09:10:03 AM »
Still having the heavy chest feeling :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline shelzmike

• What's in a title, really?
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Content
    Content
  • John 14:6 (any version :) )
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:51:34 PM »
Sucks no one has replied to you as of yet. I haven't been here in awhile either and didn't even really come back because of anxiety so much. I have been maintaining for awhile. I actually arrived at your post because I recently quit smoking by switching over to eCigs and it was SO freaking simple and health-wise (and even anxiety wise) I feel better as each day goes by. I was looking up if anyone had posted about using them over here because I think it could be beneficial to everyone who smokes. I mean, who knows what all those 2000+ chemicals in cigarettes are doing to our anxiety levels!

Anyway, to your point... whenever I usually get heavy chested as you say it does start my health anxiety rolling but usually it can be attributed to IBS type symptoms, bloating pushing up on my diaphragm and whatnot or sinus and allergies. Then again, heavy chested-ness is one of those anxiety symptoms that can linger ffor days, especially when i am focusing on it. I usually try to ask myself - "Is it getting any worse?" It still being there is completely different than it getting worse. My doc once told me that with little things here and there that worry me about my health, to just sit on it for 2 weeks...tell myself I'm just gonna wait two weeks and in nearly EVERY instance, it either goes away or I get bored thinking about it by those 2 weeks end. I would have gone off the deep end by now without this kinda of thinking. Hopefully you feel better soon.

Mike
Bookmark and Share
"The moment that religion, the pure and undefiled religion, loses its influence over our hearts, from that fatal moment, farewell to public and private happiness. Farewell--a long farewell--to virtue, to patriotism, to liberty."

-James Madison 1795

Tags: