Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: When do the headaches go away?  (Read 264 times)

Offline Blueberry

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
When do the headaches go away?
« on: April 05, 2014, 05:12:36 AM »
For over a month I've been having these godawful headaches due to excessive stress. They lean toward tension more than migranes.. I can deal with the pains in my arms or legs,  even my neck, but this constant headache is evil incarnated.

I've had GAD for years - I was diagnosed with my anxiety problems at age 11 or 12 - but it just caused me panic trouble and worry. I never got pain from it. Now every litle stress gives me an aching headache. I don't want this symptom to last. After a few weeks to months will my headaches disappear?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: When do the headaches go away?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 05:25:33 AM »
I'm not sure if you are on medication. Some forms of medication can actually cause headaches. But I am sure you know your own body. If they only come on at certain times we know they are anxiety based. Symptoms can change from time to time. What you have today as your main symptom may up and vanish some time down the road and something else might take its place. This has happened before with anxiety. Like something bigger comes along. Pushes the older symptoms out and takes there place. Maybe next visit to your doctor mention the headaches. See can he offer any help at all. Practice relaxation methods. There may be a form just for headaches. You tube has a lot of great videos. View them and learn from them. Something like the video below.

#Invalid YouTube Link#
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 09:45:08 AM »
I'm not on medication for any stress.  Last time I went to the doxtor the substitute doctor didn't pay any mind to my worries. He told me to lose weight and relax, maybe see a psychiatrist.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Alexk1989

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 03:21:49 PM »
I love what chuch had to say, in particular that they will go away when you mind finds something "scarier" to worry about. I had these tension headaches for six months, that went away occasionally when I was distracted and, came back when I thought about then. More recently, I started worrying harder about hearing things or seeing things and am paying attention to these things more. Now, the headaches have not fully gone away, but they have subsided. This let's me know it's anxiety, I was worried for the longest that I'm going to deal with these headaches forever. I've learned with anxiety that whatever the symptoms your focused on at the moment will seem like the WORST but trust there's always something that can pop up that will take it's place. This site is really helpful in learning to live with it, cope, and eventually master it. Good luck, you are not alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 04:23:52 PM »
Anyone else get teeth pains? My upper jaw feels sore and my teeth sort of hurt, like there's a pressure.  I went to the denist just a month ago so it can't be anything besides the headaches.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Adam718

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 10:21:36 PM »
Tension headaches are really common in the general population, so the anxious population is going to get it worse. The way to relieve tension headaches is to deal with whats causing them, which is the tension. Try to do more relaxing and enjoyable things. You can try massage (shoulder and neck tension radiates to the back and top of your skull to cause the headaches), chiropractics, acupuncture, or just lifestyle changes such as exercising more. When you reduce the stress/tension, you reduce the headaches.
Bookmark and Share
I'm not a doctor.

Offline Blueberry

Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 12:32:31 PM »
Gosh, I'm sick of exercise. For weeks my go-to whenever I got a headache was to exercise.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: