Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sharing some positive progress.  (Read 183 times)

Offline dcam90

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Sharing some positive progress.
« on: April 05, 2014, 01:08:47 AM »
Hello all.
I just wanted to share some of my progress with my health anxiety over the past week.

First i want to start off by saying that if you are anything like me, chances are you don't eat or drink as much water as you should throughout the day because you simply don't feel like it. I didn't even really notice i wasn't eating or drinking properly cause i was so wrapped up in my anxiety. After doing some research online i found out that simply not eating or drinking enough can really intensify symptoms of anxiety such as heart palpitations, weakness, dizziness etc.... it sounds like a no brainier. I've started drinking a lot of water and eating small meals at the same time everyday, even if i don't feel hungry. I had the mindset that ''these changes are way too small to affect my intense health anxiety and panic attacks in any way.'' but it has really helped with the physical symptoms. Most notably my heart rate, palpitations and exhaustion doing simple things. If you are among those who don't eat or drink enough throughout the day , try keeping a bottle of water on you at all times and taking a few gulps every 10-20 minutes, don't chug the water. You want to give your body a nice constant flow of water throughout the day. Another thing that has helped is going for small walks around my block in the morning after breakfast.

I know this is common sense and most of you probably think i'm insulting your intelligence for even telling you this. You're all smart capable human beings you know the importance of these things. The thing is with anxiety, you don't notice the things you're actually depriving you're body of because you are so engulfed in the anxiety.

These small things have helped immensely over the past week. My anxiety isn't gone mind you, it's still there, but the physical symptoms are nowhere near as intense. Like i said, this is all common sense, but common sense is usually an after thought when you're suffering with anxiety.

Hope this helps!

Stay strong!

-David. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sharing some positive progress.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 01:11:19 AM »
Thanks for the advise! What do your small meals consist of? Do you still have a big breakfast & dinner?

TIA- Sammy
Bookmark and Share

Offline dcam90

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 01:23:11 AM »
Breakfast is mostly always a bowl of oatmeal and a glass of OJ. Sometimes i'll cook up some scrambled eggs and toast. and then throughout the day i'll just have some fruits. I really enjoy tuna so i eat quite a bit of tuna salad. When it comes to dinner, i try to have a small helping of chicken or fish and some kind of veggie. Dinner is usually the biggest meal of the day for me. I'm not a fan of red meats so i avoid them. Also i find overly salty foods to be a big trigger for me. I don't know why. So i avoid them as well.

Also i've been really limiting my caffeine intake. I absolutely despise coffee but i do drink a lot of cola. So eliminating most of it has contributed to my progress as well i'm sure.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 01:26:10 AM »
Thanks a bunch. I drink a lot of coke and don't eat all that healthy. I'm going to try this and see what happens !
Bookmark and Share

Offline dcam90

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2014, 01:27:53 AM »
Keep drinking lots of water! I notice the more water i drink the less i crave the cola!

I hope it helps! Please let me know how it works out for you :)

-David
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 01:36:45 AM »
I will :) how much water are we suppose to drink? Doesn't it have to do with our weight or something
Bookmark and Share

Offline dcam90

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 01:39:21 AM »
I'm 185lbs and i drink around 4-5 bottles throughout the day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 01:44:16 AM »
4-5 of like the aquafina water bottles? Or bigger ones
Bookmark and Share

Offline dcam90

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 01:46:31 AM »
Yeah the 500ml bottles. I have a water filter so i just refill water bottles when needed.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 01:47:25 AM »
Okay gotcha! Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline dcam90

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 04:27:29 AM »
No problem! Hopefully within a few days you start to feel better  ;D

Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 06:02:23 AM »
Thanks!!   I am someone who is NEVER thirsty, therefore I rarely drink anything (because I can't remember).  When I DO drink something it's coffee in the morning, and a few sips of water during the day with food! (and maybe a glass at night) I don't drink anything else!  (and when I get my urine checked my "specific gravity" number is bordering on "dehydration" - so MAYBE you found something!  Maybe being anxious will trigger my memory to grab a glass of water!
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 08:20:22 AM »
I too have noticed my anxiety go from a 8-9 on a scale of 1-10 down to a 2-3 after making significant changes to my diet.  Also lost 40 lbs :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline dcam90

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2014, 02:12:49 PM »
I hope you all have the same results as myself and Patmob did:) Honestly, i really thought that those changes were way to small and insignificant to effect my anxiety in any way because i was at a 7-8, 99% of the time. Now my anxiety is usually the worst in the morning when i just wake up and sticks around for an hour or so until i fully wake up and get some fluids and a little food into my system. Also, i had myself freaked out the other day because of something called ''Water Intoxication'' it's basically when you put in too much water in your body in a short period of time and your body can't process it fast enough. It's very rare for people to accidentally give themselves water intoxication though, it usually only happens during water drinking contests or when athletes over hydrate themselves during intense workouts. So just be careful you don't over do it :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: