Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyone else get these thoughts?  (Read 470 times)

Offline emmmmaaaa

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Does anyone else get these thoughts?
« on: April 03, 2014, 09:59:26 PM »
Hi! I have pure obsessional OCD and I'm 15, but I've had OCD since age 5! I've had different types of harm OCD and I actually just came out of a really rough spike in my OCD, but I was wondering, does anyone get thoughts among the lines of:
-What if I ***** tomorrow?
-What if I die before next year?
-There's no way I'll graduate high school, I won't be able to make it to next year!
-I won't make it another day!
-I won't see my friend for four months, what if I'm dead by the time he gets back?

It's not that I don't want to make it another day, they're just these super annoying intrusive thoughts, but they worry me a lot because I've never heard another OCD sufferer say they've had similar thoughts. Is there anyway I could try to reduce these thoughts? (Besides the normal guidelines, like trying to avoid overthinking/analyzing and mental checking)
Bookmark and Share
OCD // Emetephobia // Hypochondria //

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does anyone else get these thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 09:05:38 PM »
yes i have had thoughts like these. i have had anxiety since childhood also. i was diagnosed first with GAD then depression and panic at age 11 or 12 but had symptoms as far back as age 5. im 33 now. i personally have periods in my life where i seem to get alot better but stil have some anxiety then i have a relapse and i battle some form of anxiety for awhile then the cycle starts again. right now i am dealing with severe intrusive thoughts and ocd for about 10 months.
i personally have never tried meditation but i think im going to give it a shot from what i have read about how it helps you to live in the now. my mind like yours will automatically worry about future events and past events and keep me occupied so that Im not really experiencing whats going on in the moment.

have you read any books on ocd? id like to recommend my favorite bok ,  brainlock by dr jeffrey schwartz md.  also if you go to ezine.com and search for an author named joe barry mcdonagh and read his free article on intrusive thoughts. the method joe barry describes in that article has helped me before to overcome intrusive thoughts. i havent had much luck this time around but i had a very very stressful time before this relapse.

study this as much as you can and push to overcome it because your mind will just keep coming up with "what if's". now that im older my thoughts are "what if i pass away how will my wife and kids survive?" "how will the bills get paid" life has many stressors but we dont have to let them take over our lives. i hope that you find a path for recovery that best works for you.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Offline Sani

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 09:48:57 PM »
All the bloody time I get these thoughts. It's so frustrating. I usually worry about not making it for my son's milestones his first time in school or his graduation his wedding etc and yes I.do get those thoughts too not making it next year not.seeing 2015 etc it bothers me but what can one do

Bookmark and Share

Offline natp89

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 12:56:26 AM »
Yes and it is so annoying I hate it and they never go away ugh. I wish I could shut my mind this is exactly how I feel. Every day  wedays iI'm ok and this will make me so anxious I even get panic attacks cause of those thoughts
Bookmark and Share

Offline mama00

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 03:31:05 PM »
When I was probably 8-9 I was at my grandmothers house and I convinced myself I was going to die in 3-4 days. It was an exact date.   I remember being terrified for those 3-4 days and in pure panic on the day that I was expecting to die.  Needless to say I didn't die.  I also didn't tell anybody about this - I guess deep inside I knew this was not right and I was embarrassed to share.     For most of my teens and twenties I had no anxiety but it returned in full force in my mid 30s.   I don't have those types of thoughts now super often but I do have the what if I die and I leave my kids without a mom.    Anyway it is normal.  Try to label them what they are - your anxiety getting the best of you and your OCD. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 04:20:35 PM »
I have health anxiety and OCD. I have constant thoughts about getting it having a serious illness mostly the "c" word. I can't say it on fear if jinx. I constantly think about not being around for my 4 children. I am terrified to make future plans like vacations even a couple months out because I'm terrified I won't be here due to an illness. I was proscribed Zoflot today and debating on starting it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline andrea34

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 12:09:12 PM »
Yes, I get similar thoughts. They get so strong that I feel like I'm losing it. It can be so exhausting. I've been a very nervous person for as long as I can remember. I grew up with an alcoholic father who died unexpectedly when I was 14 & my panic just got even worse from there. I was in a relationship with a man for ten years w/o was an addict...I have dealt with a lot, but sometimes I don't feel strong enough to beat these intrusive thoughts. They scare me.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: