Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Sick of this  (Read 309 times)

Offline Xosammy

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sick of this
« on: April 03, 2014, 07:53:22 PM »
I'm not sure why this happens, my hearts probably failing me but I can't even go into a store without feeling like I'm going to fall over. I don't know if I'm dizzy or off balanced but I'm getting real tired of not being able to live my life. Feeling very depressed :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sick of this
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 08:02:30 PM »
I wonder if that's what I get!   It used to only happen in one supermarket (starting in 2006) then it got REAL bad in 2009 until just recently.
It would happen in all stores, malls and if I'd go for a walk.  I stopped going for walks because I was scared something was going to happen!  (I'd be walking and then just feel REAL weirdly off balance or like the ground was dipping.  There is no way I could describe the feeling actually) - in stores I'd have to walk near the shelves just to make sure I had something to touch once in a while to "steady" myself.  And it NEVER happened at home.  It still happens at times (especially in a mall or a store like Home Depot) I just push myself through it - sometimes it just goes away and other times I'm walking near shelves quietly praying, "Please let this stop!"  While trying to look like I have not a care in the world to the people around me  B-;
(oh and it never happens if I'm with a friend...)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 08:09:13 PM »
I wonder why this happens. It's never happened before until recently. It's scary
Bookmark and Share

Offline etethorpe

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 10:06:50 PM »
Are either of you migraine sufferers?  I've been suffering from vertigo and dizziness for a few years now and one of my big symptoms has been that I feel like I am about to topple over.  And stores are the worst!!!  I've been told by one of my doctors I have vestibular migraines.  If you think you may have this check out the forums at mvertigo.com.  You will find lots of people like you as well as many who are much worse off.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 05:45:43 AM »
Are either of you migraine sufferers?  I've been suffering from vertigo and dizziness for a few years now and one of my big symptoms has been that I feel like I am about to topple over.  And stores are the worst!!!  I've been told by one of my doctors I have vestibular migraines.  If you think you may have this check out the forums at mvertigo.com.  You will find lots of people like you as well as many who are much worse off.

No, never had a migraine in my life.  And a migraine wouldn't last 4 years every day and only when out.  I don't know what mine was, I never got it checked out.  I just ASSUMED anxiety (or middle ear - but middle ear too wouldn't stop when at home)
Bookmark and Share

Online Roman

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2014, 08:58:07 AM »
Good morning Sammy there are a ton of reasons why this could happen may be inner ear infection, equilibrium problems, low blood pressure low sugar, doesn't sound like vertigo to me. Can you stand on one foot, can you walk heel to toe for nine steps, while standing put your arms out to the sides tilt your head back and close your eyes. Then take your index finger and touch the tip of your nose and alternate fingers a few times. Those are the tests I perform when I'm checking for balance. Good luck
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 11:24:32 AM »
Good morning Sammy there are a ton of reasons why this could happen may be inner ear infection, equilibrium problems, low blood pressure low sugar, doesn't sound like vertigo to me. Can you stand on one foot, can you walk heel to toe for nine steps, while standing put your arms out to the sides tilt your head back and close your eyes. Then take your index finger and touch the tip of your nose and alternate fingers a few times. Those are the tests I perform when I'm checking for balance. Good luck

I know this thread is about Xosammy, not about ME (LOL!), but it does seem like we have the same problem.  In the middle of any of that off balance feeling I can do ALL those tests (I'll even go so far as to close my eyes and stand on one foot and I could do it!) - so it's funny how it feels balance related and I can balance!  (and my blood pressure runs higher than normal; my husband is diabetic and sometimes I WILL use his monitor to test my sugar and it's 85 or so) - I'm waiting for Xosammy to answer, see if SHE can pass balance tests in the middle of being "off balance"!  And XO, does it ever happen at home or only when out? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2014, 01:07:40 AM »
Hey guys!

I will defiantly try those tests in the morning. If I can do those things then what does that mean. Also sunflower it mostly happens when I'm at a store BUT I did go for a walk in the woods ( tried to ) and I didn't think I was going to make it out. Man was that scary. This all started when I stopped taking my celexa two weeks ago along with hearts palps :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 01:08:12 AM »
Sunlover* not flower haha sorry
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2014, 01:40:09 AM »
Okay I actually got out of bed and tried all those things. I did all of them pretty good although I don't feel unbalanced right now. Should I try it when I feel unbalanced about to pass out haha?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2014, 06:24:59 AM »
Hey guys!

I will defiantly try those tests in the morning. If I can do those things then what does that mean. Also sunflower it mostly happens when I'm at a store BUT I did go for a walk in the woods ( tried to ) and I didn't think I was going to make it out. Man was that scary. This all started when I stopped taking my celexa two weeks ago along with hearts palps :(

Oh yea, happens to me outside too!  Never in the house - although when I get back from a walk or something I am still lightheaded, etc.  I mean it never STARTS when I'm home.  If you pass the tests then it's anxiety.   If you don't it could very well be an issue with the middle ear, fluid in it or something.  I heard someone complaining that they failed a sobriety test (when pulled over by the cops) because they have a middle ear issue.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2014, 02:22:11 AM »
Oh wow. See same thing with me. Never starts in the house. Ughh. Have you been to the dr about this? Mine brushed it off but I'm going back and demanding some tests
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 06:13:01 AM »
Oh wow. See same thing with me. Never starts in the house. Ughh. Have you been to the dr about this? Mine brushed it off but I'm going back and demanding some tests

No, never went to a doctor, I'm too afraid of doctors...   I usually let things go and if they don't progress I'm OK.  So after 4 years it improved about 80% I have to assume it's nothing.  And I keep thinking that I wonder if that is how agoraphobia starts?  Something happens when not at home, then keeps happening only then.  No matter how bad I was in a store or mall I REFUSED to leave.   Oh, and does yours happen if you are out with a friend?  Mine doesn't (though it does happen if at a store with my husband or daughter) - and no matter WHO I am with it happens in Shop Rite (huge grocery store) and Home Depot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Xosammy

Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 09:33:12 PM »
I haven't tried with a friend Bc I'm always with my son and it happens with him
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashmaster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 10:20:40 PM »
I want to say that this is anxiety. To me this is a definition of an anxiety attack as it was the main symptom that sent me going to the doctors in the first place. When my anxiety is getting bad, "breakthrough" anxiety, this is my telltale sign. It happens most often in marge stores like wallmart and home depot.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: